Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hood On/Off Toggle?


WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
11.26.2012 , 01:15 AM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarlesx View Post
Ubi just needs to edit one hood. Bio needs to add this to every armor in the game that has a hood. Its a bit more complicated.
That's BW's call. Almost all of us would be fine with some robes with the hood down on the jedi side of things. The art for some hood down robes exists in swtor - we've seen it in demos. It would have been ok if they had taken a month or two to "do it right" and add the toggle for all robes. But if adding a toggle requires a huge resource allocation and could take years then I'm firmly in the "why the frak don't you give us what we've seen in demos?" camp.

Make the hood down versions separate items - I don't think most customers have ever really cared so much about the toggle vs having the appearance option.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.26.2012 , 04:53 AM | #872
What's there to edit? They already have all the resources and models in the game. Just turn them into items obtainable by players and we're all gonna be happy.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
11.27.2012 , 04:39 PM | #873
Just came back to the game after being gone since February. The fact that this still isn't in the game is laughable. They could at least have made a hood down version of a robe available somewhere. I mean go take a walk around the Jedi Temple, tell me how many Jedi NPC's have their hood up. Everything we need is right there, how we still don't have it nearly a year later is mind boggling.

SDTAXantos's Avatar


SDTAXantos
12.04.2012 , 02:35 AM | #874
They would rather sell the toggle option on the Cartel Market.

Carousel_t's Avatar


Carousel_t
12.04.2012 , 04:08 AM | #875
it was asked of BW just after beta to be able to get your hood down/up. but then again, after some consideration, other classes might say "hey, i want that face shield in my helmet open on my trooper".. but i still wish i could get my hood down :>

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.04.2012 , 11:37 AM | #876
Quote: Originally Posted by SDTAXantos View Post
They would rather sell the toggle option on the Cartel Market.
Then let them, I just want it asap ;/
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

ShinyRedKnight's Avatar


ShinyRedKnight
12.11.2012 , 09:42 AM | #877
Yeah... sorry to have to bump this, but it needs to be done.

TOR is a great game, needs some more polish, but great in general.

However, when you have so many players begging for a feature since the launch of the game, a feature that is very simple, easy, and cheap to implement, it boggles the mind not to do that. The idea that a Jedi Knight can only get a hoodless set of armor through the cash shop, and that armor being designed for Sith, is incredibly annoying. There is little for me to question about TOR's quality, but this one is it. At this point, it isn't that the feature is a game breaker, its the fact that the designers are unwilling to make such an easy yet highly demanded change.

Emperor-Norton's Avatar


Emperor-Norton
12.11.2012 , 10:41 AM | #878
Quote: Originally Posted by ShinyRedKnight View Post
Yeah... sorry to have to bump this, but it needs to be done.

TOR is a great game, needs some more polish, but great in general.

However, when you have so many players begging for a feature since the launch of the game, a feature that is very simple, easy, and cheap to implement, it boggles the mind not to do that. The idea that a Jedi Knight can only get a hoodless set of armor through the cash shop, and that armor being designed for Sith, is incredibly annoying. There is little for me to question about TOR's quality, but this one is it. At this point, it isn't that the feature is a game breaker, its the fact that the designers are unwilling to make such an easy yet highly demanded change.
Hey, bumping this Thread is a tradition, don't take shame in it.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor-Norton View Post
Hey, bumping this Thread is a tradition, don't take shame in it.
Bump. By the way, why the heck is this thread here instead of being on the general section? This issue affects all Force-slinging classes.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
12.13.2012 , 03:09 PM | #880
Please Bioware, for the love of <inset preferred deity here> give us the hood toggle!!!!

You promised this before launch and couldn't even make it a lolcartel item on this game for the 1 year anniversary