Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 01:37 PM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
I have to admit I was silly to believe them too. To think they'd actually add the NPC's armors to the store....

But if they did that, it'd be a step up from the current clown-costumes, and I'd actually be able to see my character's face, but they can't have that.....

It's almost like the armor appearances have become some kind of sick joke to them. I bet they sit around trying on the outfits and do what the rest of us do: laugh. The difference is, we laugh, but then we get sad when we realize they don't really care....

12-months since this game came out, and this thread has stayed on the first page on the forums. They keep saying that even the devs want a hood toggle, but they've released 2 new tiers of gear, only 1 of which is original (and the devs admitted that they know the players think they're aweful), the other a recolor of the aweful-ness, no hood-down appearances for jedi, and now the cartel store with literally no new armor appearances.

Also, let's ignore all the screenshots, promo videos, and other forms of advertisement that show hood-down robes and other armor that's not even available in the game.

At what point do I have a right to feel misled and lied to?
Right now, pretty much. There was a nice thread entitled "Fraud" and stuff but went down quickly. Basically, someone nicely brought up what was said earlier that the Mask, Throne, Kowakian-Monkey lizard are among the items we CAN PURCHASE from the Cartel Shop. Soz, we can purchase Cartel Boxes, not those items.
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

Merwanor
10.25.2012 , 05:28 PM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Right now, pretty much. There was a nice thread entitled "Fraud" and stuff but went down quickly. Basically, someone nicely brought up what was said earlier that the Mask, Throne, Kowakian-Monkey lizard are among the items we CAN PURCHASE from the Cartel Shop. Soz, we can purchase Cartel Boxes, not those items.
After ME3 and SWTOR, I have stopped trusting anything Bioware says anymore... Which is sad really. After almost a year since release, they are still pushing out misadvertisment for this game...
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Alec_Fortescue
10.26.2012 , 03:02 AM | #823
Yes, I won't bother with pre-ordering DA3. I'll prolly buy some cheapest version from an auction some time after release, if it will turn out to be any good.

Ending of ME3 was a trolling on an enormous scale. It left so many clues behind some are still wondering.

Polebreaker
10.27.2012 , 12:34 AM | #824
Maybe we can get DA3 with Cartel Coins for supporting this game for 12 months with our hoods stuck glued to our heads...

And this shouldve been the end to me3...

Alec_Fortescue
10.27.2012 , 01:33 PM | #825
I just want to play my Jedi... Bioware, when will it arrive? :'(

Primarch_PWnD
10.27.2012 , 01:57 PM | #826
I just noticed that the ONE jedi-outfit (more acurately, the Sith Outfit) listed in the cartel store with it's hood down, the Destroyer set, costs 1200 Cartel Points.....

that's almost every coin I'm going to get for being subscribed for the past year.....for an outfit?

I've decided that they're doing this on purpose. They HAVE to be.....there's no way that they're completely unaware of the lack of hood-down for the JK. And instead of giving the players what this 1,000 post, 100,000 view, 12-month old post that's never left the first page of the forums has been asking for, they're going to charge a rediculous amount for the one and only item that does it....

It's a joke to them, it's GOT to be......and if it's not, they have turned into the most greedy and opportunistic game developers.....
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

Alec_Fortescue
10.27.2012 , 04:48 PM | #827
This outfit looks crap. There are Sith tattoo-like (no Jedi should wear it!) patterns on the robe and the yellow accents on the armorings are ridiculous. And its level is way too high!

This is not a band-aid. It costs about 10 euro, too... -_- Instead of adding funny recolours they SHOULD put at least one armor set from the character progression video.

Also - the red-robed armor is already available in game. I wonder who's gonna buy it for real cash.

I bet everyone was 100% sure that the first wave of cartel shop armor will be the stuff worn by NPCs, which was requested by players in the thread even Bioware responded to. I feel trolled - not only none of the requested armor is there but the armor on the cash shop are just awfuly bad recolours of already available stuff. Is recolouring less work than putting npc-worn armor into the cash shop? They have all the assets and art already, don' t they? If hood toggle is so hard to work on I bet putting two variants with hood up/hood down for every robed chestpiece would take much less time and leave everyone happy.

Polebreaker
10.27.2012 , 06:30 PM | #828
In case people havent read this whole thing...

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/jedi-knight

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...-bounty-hunter

I guess Austin Peckenpaugh didnt have enough clout to get the hoodless tops in...

Alec_Fortescue
10.28.2012 , 09:55 AM | #829
I bet putting a hood-down armor is as much effort (or even less) than making a ridiculous, "naked" chestpiece...

New finding:
This from the new Companions 101 featuring Kira Carsen and our Jedi... Do you think hood up really fits such moments?
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...ce_854x480.jpg

lololololol

GregGG
10.28.2012 , 11:40 AM | #830
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Rubbish! Most of consular robes have hoods up...
As a synthweaver and a Consular most of the armor sets have no hoods. If you're referring to orange items, yes some have hoods up but even the high level gear, excluding pvp, have hoods down. So, no it's not rubbish. You just don't know what you're talking about.