Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

EvilJen
09.26.2012 , 04:44 AM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
This is the embodiment of what's wrong here... me me me.... and then don't forget about me me me... and then me me me. Any wonder the world is messed up? Ok so you want hoodup/down... do you think the devs don't know it by now? You've made your case... now you're willing to quit the game over it? Really, the game has no other merits but hood up / hood down. Maybe you should quit if that's the center of your universe.

Don't get me wrong, they said they were going to do it, and thus they should. But this constant whining about it is just... well, like an annoying 6 year old telling you about how cool the Green Teletubby is vs the Yellow one... Just enjoy the show.

If you seriously don't find the storylines / gameplay compelling enough to hold you, in spite of hood on / hood off... then you really need to set priorities straight and maybe spend less time in front of a computer.
What's the "world" got to do with SW:TOR? Well aware the devs are aware of it, they've addressed it numerous times, with lies. I wasn't trying to make a case, I was attempting to debunk your obvious attempts at trolling a thread about hood up/hood down. It's not the center of my universe. The game is more than "storylines" and "gameplay". I do not believe my priorities are an issue here. Now, would you stop trolling the hood up/hood down thread?

-Jen

joenewbie
09.26.2012 , 04:55 AM | #772
Not trolling, but that seems to be the main thing people do when they have no argument, accuse the opposition of trolling. Do what you want.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Alec_Fortescue
09.26.2012 , 09:31 AM | #773
just waiting for bioware to address this page and give us eta or at least how far they are with the hood toggle progression :/

Or explanations on why it is so hard to implement.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

Lanja
09.27.2012 , 07:22 AM | #774
Good news! (...perhaps.) I jumped on to do a bit of crafting and (after running the repair function to get the game to launch post 1.4) I discovered that the hood on my robes was gone. Previous night hood; last night no hood.

I checked and it appears that when you have something in the head slot, and select to hide that slot it now takes the hood off instead of the head gear (i.e. I could still see my doofy headband, but hey let's not split hairs). It seems to toggle back and forth now, so I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke. It didn't work on my Sage's Esseles robes, but he's still pretty low level and doesn't have anything in the head slot yet.

Sooooo, perhaps BW fixed it in 1.4 afterall. Kudos if that's the case! My wife in particular will be happy that her Jedi's head is no longer perpetually stuffed in a burlap sack!

(Oh and i have to ask, why on earth are the folks posting here about this being a pointless, vain, time-wasting, non-issue, bothering to spend their time reading and posting to a thread titled "Hood On/Off Toggle?")

Alec_Fortescue
09.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by Lanja View Post
Good news! (...perhaps.) I jumped on to do a bit of crafting and (after running the repair function to get the game to launch post 1.4) I discovered that the hood on my robes was gone. Previous night hood; last night no hood.

I checked and it appears that when you have something in the head slot, and select to hide that slot it now takes the hood off instead of the head gear (i.e. I could still see my doofy headband, but hey let's not split hairs). It seems to toggle back and forth now, so I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke. It didn't work on my Sage's Esseles robes, but he's still pretty low level and doesn't have anything in the head slot yet.

Sooooo, perhaps BW fixed it in 1.4 afterall. Kudos if that's the case! My wife in particular will be happy that her Jedi's head is no longer perpetually stuffed in a burlap sack!

(Oh and i have to ask, why on earth are the folks posting here about this being a pointless, vain, time-wasting, non-issue, bothering to spend their time reading and posting to a thread titled "Hood On/Off Toggle?")
Headband, huh? We all know about headbands overiding the hoods now :L I was thinking that you might think something else and I bought myself a trooper helmet. No, the hood wasn't removed when I put the helmet on and select to hide it :<
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

Alec_Fortescue
09.29.2012 , 02:22 PM | #776
So from what I was able to read in the thread about the "gambling boxes" it turns out that the alternative versions with hoods down of the currently existing gear will be available from the cash shop... Really? :/

MimicUnleashed
10.05.2012 , 10:35 AM | #777
Making hood-down a cash shop buy is a total cop-out. But it's not like the majority of us who've subbed all this time wont have over 1k cartel coins. Just sort of a kick in the head when it WAS promised earlier.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

Alec_Fortescue
10.05.2012 , 04:22 PM | #778
You should seriously spend those Cartel Coins on some serious fluff and not something you were promised to get in 1.3 after being teased so much with all the advertising pictures!

Alduinsm
10.06.2012 , 03:00 AM | #779
Didn't they already said something about running into some problems when implementing the hood toggle in the live stream? still no ETA though.
I didn't read the past few pages so i don't know if this was mentioned yet.
Shin

Alec_Fortescue
10.06.2012 , 03:57 AM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
Didn't they already said something about running into some problems when implementing the hood toggle in the live stream? still no ETA though.
I didn't read the past few pages so i don't know if this was mentioned yet.
They did say something like that but, come on, it is in works since Winter! How difficult it can be to implement in a 200 million dollar game? ETA is really what we need, as well as the current progress :/ Its' been in works for too long now. Long enough, to create offsprings like companion head toggles and colour matchings. Every RPer wants a hood toggle, though. It is very hard to accept playing a hooded Jedi for the whole time.