Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

MimicUnleashed
08.30.2012 , 09:49 PM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by Olnir View Post
Of all the things to complain about... and you are complaining about the damn hood? I got the Sand PPl uni at the last event... I have no hood...
And I leveled in custom commando gear because of the hood. But I'd still like to look like a traditional Jedi with the hood down. And that's absolutely not an option for Knights unless you wear 1 medium armor chest, or you play a Twilek.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

Pendrych
08.31.2012 , 04:25 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by Olnir View Post
Of all the things to complain about... and you are complaining about the damn hood? I got the Sand PPl uni at the last event... I have no hood...
Yes, we are. We were told there would be a hood toggle in 1.2. There was not. Then we were told that it would likely be in a subsequent patch but before the next major update. Since then, nothing.

At this point it's not even about the fact that every damn JK NPC in the game and in all the promotional materials is wearing the same armor a player JK can get but with the hood down. It's about the fact that we, the players, who have asked for an art asset that already exists in the game to be made available to us as it was in Beta, have not received something we were specifically told we were going to. It may be a minor issue to you, but it is a persistent and blatant breach with a fair number of players.

wadecounty
08.31.2012 , 05:36 PM | #723
This thread is almost 20 pages and no dev response yet, this is ridiculous.

Bugattiboy
09.01.2012 , 10:15 AM | #724
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
This thread is almost 20 pages and no dev response yet, this is ridiculous.
20? It's 73 pages long. I to, agree with the 73 other pages that we should have hood toggle. At the absolute very least, an invisible helm we can easily obtain.

wadecounty
09.01.2012 , 12:05 PM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
20? It's 73 pages long. I to, agree with the 73 other pages that we should have hood toggle. At the absolute very least, an invisible helm we can easily obtain.
Its almost 20 pages if you have your settings set the only way that makes sense (max number of posts per page).

Pendrych
09.01.2012 , 01:26 PM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Some of the circlets and goggles will actually override the hood, the problem is that while this allows you to see your character's face, it doesn't actually look good because the robes don't look "balanced," for lack of a better word. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that Bioware has still not fixed the "Jawa Bustle" that plagues robes worn by body types 1 & 2.

Really, the robes just need a complete overhaul at this point. I'm a bit surprised that the armor look that multiple ACs are steered towards and that is so iconic for the IP has been allowed to look this bad for so long. But I guess since they look fine in the promo shots, it's a low priority. :-P

JohnRoy
09.02.2012 , 01:11 AM | #727
Also, even if the toggle is mind bendlingly impossible to code, wouldn't just giving us orange modifiable versions with the hood permanently down to choose from be mind-bendingly easy?
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Alec_Fortescue
09.03.2012 , 11:47 AM | #728
I was inactive in this thread recently. Guild Wars 2 is so good... Beautiful graphics, great FPS despite so many effects, npcs and players on the screen.

Back to the clothing and character appearance. You can use transmutation stones to combine high-end stats with whichever piece of gear you want to get a desired look. Not just selected "orange" pieces. Guild Wars 2 allows my character to look how I want, it's free once you buy the activation code, it is amazingly well optimized (you really need a bad PC to have fps/crashing issues), has less bugs than TOR at this stage (apart from servers going down and login issues - but hey, there are no 2h long queues!). I honestly might cancel sub once TOR goes f2p and i get the Cartel Coins. I'll just finish the stories in f2p of other classes and that will be it. This is Star Wars universe! Many of us wants to BECOME Star Wars characters. Appearance is very important for me. Bioware is reminding me of most politicians with their empty promises!

I love TOR. I supported the game a lot, pre-ordered CE, followed the game development for years, recommended it to as many online friends as I could. Spent a lot of money on it by buying really expensive CE which was meant to be exclusive (and now is sold in bulk @ 30 quid per box) and I didn't even get the promised CE content (where is CE vendor's dynamic assortment?). I bought licensed merchandise, too (LEGO sets, Hasbro fig...) Despite that I still even used the "recruit a friend" programme some time ago, he subbed and I think it's been a month now and I didn't get a mount. Content updates, new OPS, quests and PVP warzones are not happenning quick enough. My entire guild is best in slot and we're raiding only once in a week because we've progressed as much as it was possible. For how long can one play imbalanced PvP with awful framerates and little number of arenas?

Lack of responses on the thread that is nearly 100 pages long is very dissatsfying.

Quo Vadis TOR? :'(
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

ragdejr
09.04.2012 , 09:31 PM | #729
I will likely be another addition to the bandwagon.Tor was a great game don't get me wrong, but feedback from devs is minimal and guild wars is just so much better. Sad to see a great game fall to simple mistakes

zorroazul
09.05.2012 , 03:55 PM | #730
Well, I kinda "cheat" the whole hood thing by wearing a tiara/helmet that forces the hood down. So far, I only found 2 that somehow have a Jedi look.