Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2012 , 05:02 PM | #711
I am likely to follow Roy... I cleared all the content, future ops aren't going to bring much story (anyone expects it to be different from what we have now...?)... I'll just finish up my class stories now or after it goes f2p. I kept paying and i was promised many things! I feel cheated. Hood toggle was promised, dynamic assortment @ CE Vendor and for access to it I paid overpriced 150 euro (while CE is now sold in huge quantities @ 30 euro... Is that how you describe exclusive edition?!). I am hugely disappointed now, when I am to reflect on the time spent on this game.

Gee, I missed so little points to get into the best college in the country... Thanks TOR.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Sarakk
08.25.2012 , 10:20 AM | #712
I also cancelled over this. The whole hood toggle fiasco feels very bait and switch. All of the promotional jedi media has their hoods down, including the screen shots. The character creation screen has the hoods down. The robe models already exist in the game. So why can't we put our hoods down!?

I don't even need to have a toggle. Just put ONE decent orange robe in the game with no hood. Just ONE.

Throw on top of all this the fact that they said the hood toggle should have been in the last patch (but wasn't), and their refusal to comment on it, just makes this even more pathetic.

I like this game, but I cannot play a story-driven game where my character is forced to look so stupid. With F2P coming, I am cancelling my sub. If they implement hood-toggle I will re-sub. Simple as that.

Alec_Fortescue
08.25.2012 , 11:28 AM | #713
I refuse to play Jedi Knight story and flirting/kissing Kira with my hood on... Ridiculous.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

metalfenix
08.25.2012 , 11:40 AM | #714
The hood toggle needs to happen. Somehow I sorted this issue by wearing a kind of weird tiara on my jedi guardian, but I would prefer to not have it. Then I see the awesome no-hood armors that the juggs get and I get jealous.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

Primarch_PWnD
08.25.2012 , 12:07 PM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by metalfenix View Post
The hood toggle needs to happen. Somehow I sorted this issue by wearing a kind of weird tiara on my jedi guardian, but I would prefer to not have it. Then I see the awesome no-hood armors that the juggs get and I get jealous.
What about the awesome hood-down armors that all the NPCs are walking around in? Everywhere i go, it's a ****** reminder that they consciously made the decision to have it this way. Why on earth did they remove literally 100% of hood down armors from the JK that were available in the beta?

Whomever thought witholding appearances from the players for the sake of making us all look the same has backwards ideas.

No one likes looking the same as everyone else in real life, why would we all want to look the same in a SW video game?
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

JaiusTheSwell
08.25.2012 , 08:29 PM | #716
I refuse to continue my Guardian's story line, it breaks the immersion whenever I realise how infuriatingly idiotic my character looks. Re rolled to a Juggernaut, and there's a robe available with the hood down! Whoever thought of removing this option for other classes had better get their **** together.

Hessen
08.26.2012 , 03:00 AM | #717
Between the lack of toggle, the stupid kneepads and that line of transparent pixels at the base of the hood that shows in every single bit of dialogue. I've stopped leveling my Knight and have left him at level 28 on Aldaraan, never to be played again.

Alec_Fortescue
08.26.2012 , 04:43 AM | #718
Quote: Originally Posted by JaiusTheSwell View Post
I refuse to continue my Guardian's story line, it breaks the immersion whenever I realise how infuriatingly idiotic my character looks. Re rolled to a Juggernaut, and there's a robe available with the hood down! Whoever thought of removing this option for other classes had better get their **** together.
That's what i did, lack of hood toggle makes it look ridiculous.

Hooney
08.30.2012 , 02:59 PM | #719
yeah i'm hoping they will have this option one day. kinda would like to see my toon with the aspiring hood down. guess they had it in an early version.

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/scre...line/23365.jpg

Olnir
08.30.2012 , 04:34 PM | #720
Of all the things to complain about... and you are complaining about the damn hood? I got the Sand PPl uni at the last event... I have no hood...