Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Primarch_PWnD
07.24.2012 , 12:42 PM | #681
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
The armor at the start is the lv32 Legacy armor from Coruscant. (course it has the hood up on that one!)
Unfortunately, it's not. The character creation armor has the cool-looking shoulder armor. Essentially it is the Jedi Battlord armor, but instead of being green armor, it's white, which is more in-line with Star Wars coloring, a la Obi Wan in Clone Wars, Stormtroopers, Republic Clones, Republic Troopers.....

Also, it has its hood down....which is probably why it got cut from the game. whomever decided that they were going to withold hood-down armors from the players unfortunately resulted in many of the comeliest armors being witheld from their paying customers.

Don't you just love being jealous of the nameless NPCs meandering around the fleet?

MiyagiHayabusa
07.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #682
I just made a new Consular character so i'm back on Tython....ever single bloody NPC, every single one, with a hood down, which is damn near all of them, have the hood draped down their backs...

Bioware, come on now, really?

We will be in your *** about this until this matter is FIXED!

Alec_Fortescue
07.24.2012 , 08:53 PM | #683
Man, some action would be good... I really want to know about the hood toggle! :/ I want to play my Jedi and Consular properly.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

tyltos
07.31.2012 , 05:33 PM | #684
I've been wishing for a hood on/off toggle since launch. :P I like to see my character's faces. What's the point in being able to toggle off your head slot if the hood covers your face? Even if it just switches the model to the no-hood model you see when you have your helmet on, I'd be fine with that.

Alec_Fortescue
07.31.2012 , 07:07 PM | #685
Found something which i don't think was mentioned here... There is an instance of a hood toggle in the game... During False Emperor, when we enter the throne room, Malgus has his hood on but then he moves his hands up taking it off the head. Why can't we get it ? ; /
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

JediKnightJax
08.06.2012 , 08:11 PM | #686
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
That's a lot of my issue. I knew going in I'd have to be patient, which is ok. Patience is something people need. However after 7 months this is an issue that has gone on WAY too long. Especially since we got promised a fix in the next patch after 1.2. I have sated myself on that fact alone, and now it's "soon" rather than telling us when. If I didn't love my chest piece other than the hood, I'd have moved back to Trooper gear like I leveled in. As stands I just make my guild-mates sick of my tyrades about it.
I bet if/when a hood toggle is added to the game it'll get messed up some how and every Jedi Knight robe will give us even more junk in the trunk.. lol

MediumD
08.07.2012 , 12:12 PM | #687
I've found orange hats and robes that let me, effectively, toggle the hood. The dressing room item preview even shows me which robes & hats will work this way. Is there something I'm missing, given that this thread is so long?

JohnRoy
08.07.2012 , 02:48 PM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
I've found orange hats and robes that let me, effectively, toggle the hood. The dressing room item preview even shows me which robes & hats will work this way. Is there something I'm missing, given that this thread is so long?
If by "effectively" toggle the hood you mean the hood disappears entirely and now you have a cyclops visor or weird headgear on, than a lot of people don't consider that very effective. If you have found a way to actually make the hood fall back to your shoulders and not have any headgear showing, then we would love to hear about it.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Alec_Fortescue
08.08.2012 , 08:15 PM | #689
So I just came up with an idea for the future... But it wouldn't help the current armors and hoods. Instead of stupid headbands, we could get headpieces that are actually hoods and chestpieces that have hoods lowered down. Just as some headbands do, the hood headpieces could override the lowered hood on our neck so it wouldn't be visible and upon hiding the head piece, the hood would appear on the neck again.

Tiaa
08.09.2012 , 11:08 PM | #690
This has gone on long enough.

There should be hoodless robes and/or a hood down option.

All the NPCS have them and so should we.