Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

ploKOOL
07.11.2012 , 07:20 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
I don't think this is a matter of bioware not knowing about the issue.

Someone over there consciously made the decision that there would be no hood down options for Knights, and that person's boss agreed, and then his boss agreed. (we know this because 100% of the hood down jedi knight armors that were in the beta were removed for launch)

Just as all of the clown-costume 1.2 armor designs made their way across multiple desks, and multiple people signed off on the satelite-dish helmets, and just as many people approved the overblown-charicature-anime shoulder pads.

Don't fool yourself. This was all done on purpose. I can't imagine a purpose for witholding the comely armors from paying customers and giving them to the NPCs (who i don't think are giving them money)......but it was a conscious decision they made.

It's amazing to me that no one who approved those designs (or the artists themselves) asked themselves, "would I want to look like this?"
Oh sure, I agree. I wasn't saying that BioWare don't know about this, I was saying that the only way we can convince them to make changing it a priority is to get up in their faces about it. If enough people bombard their Twitter accounts and PM inboxes, and any other ways that we can contact them directly, they will realise that this is something that the community cares about. Simply ************ about it in this one thread doesn't seem to be getting anybody's attention.

HeavensTerror
07.11.2012 , 09:33 PM | #672
I was pretty disappointed today. Finally saved up enough for the Black Hole chest piece, and then I can't even have the hood up?!
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

tdrenning
07.12.2012 , 11:33 AM | #673
My avatar has more hair than my character..... Just sayin!
Ezmar | Guild Leader | Bastion Reborn | Jedi Covenant Server
Bastion Reborn

Projawa
07.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #674
I would really really like to see a hood toggle feature even though it's not as straightforward a feature as it seems. For example, how do they reconcile the toggle helmet option with toggle hood on/off? The combinations would be:

1. Show helmet, hood up
2. Show helmet, hood down
3. No helmet, hood up
4. No helmet, hood down

Let's look at option 1. For some gear combos it's not a problem. I'm thinking of the Columi operative helmet which the hood fits over. But what about inquisitors with the pointy K.K.K. helms? Yes, most people choose to hide that helmet but the art still needs to be reconciled in case someone wants both up simultaneously. And I don't know how they'd even reconcile that unless the hat pokes a hole through the hood or something. Then they need to factor in alien head types (twilek, togruta, etc).

That said, please hurry up with this feature BW!

Pingonaut
07.13.2012 , 02:54 AM | #675
We need to just bomb their twitter with GIVE US HOOD TOGGLE. Maybe then they'll recognize that it's an issue.

JediKnightJax
07.13.2012 , 09:42 PM | #676
I bet if ewoks ever make an appearance in SWTOR, they'll ALL be hoodless. Just sayin'..

Also going on SEVEN months and this feature isn't in the game yet? I'm a patient person and all, but damn!

*Wags finger*

MimicUnleashed
07.19.2012 , 01:53 PM | #677
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKnightJax View Post
I bet if ewoks ever make an appearance in SWTOR, they'll ALL be hoodless. Just sayin'..

Also going on SEVEN months and this feature isn't in the game yet? I'm a patient person and all, but damn!

*Wags finger*
That's a lot of my issue. I knew going in I'd have to be patient, which is ok. Patience is something people need. However after 7 months this is an issue that has gone on WAY too long. Especially since we got promised a fix in the next patch after 1.2. I have sated myself on that fact alone, and now it's "soon" rather than telling us when. If I didn't love my chest piece other than the hood, I'd have moved back to Trooper gear like I leveled in. As stands I just make my guild-mates sick of my tyrades about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

Vardamar
07.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #678
I realy hope that this hood toggle willsee the light int he future.

There are a lot kind of players. There is who like PVP, or PVE, or RP.
All but Rpers had something in this months.
This toggle is a service that rpers would like very much.

Primarch_PWnD
07.23.2012 , 01:22 PM | #679
What about the armor from the jedi knight character creation screen?

Easily one of the coolest looking armors for a JK (admitedly there's not really any competition), it has a hood down, it looks like an iconic jedi knight, they show it to you in character creation......

But of course, the only things wearing it are the nameless NPCs walking around the fleet.

What do i get to wear?

My BH helmet is a skin-tight swim-cap, which i suppose isa step up from the samurai helmet that was paired with the pvp form fitting body suit

I HATE looking at my own character. Thats not right.

But what makes it worse is that the NPCs have some simple, nice looking star wars looks, WITH THE HOODS DOWN.

Pingonaut
07.24.2012 , 08:32 AM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
What about the armor from the jedi knight character creation screen?

Easily one of the coolest looking armors for a JK (admitedly there's not really any competition), it has a hood down, it looks like an iconic jedi knight, they show it to you in character creation......

But of course, the only things wearing it are the nameless NPCs walking around the fleet.

What do i get to wear?

My BH helmet is a skin-tight swim-cap, which i suppose isa step up from the samurai helmet that was paired with the pvp form fitting body suit

I HATE looking at my own character. Thats not right.

But what makes it worse is that the NPCs have some simple, nice looking star wars looks, WITH THE HOODS DOWN.
The armor at the start is the lv32 Legacy armor from Coruscant. (course it has the hood up on that one!)