Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

SykesNinetyTwo
06.28.2012 , 08:01 PM | #651
Honestly...this is getting pretty old BW...
You guys don't even have valid/good excuses.. the models for hoods down is there, you guys clearly use it for marketing. I can type "hood" into the search bar and 276 results come up. Most of which are about hood toggle.
Please don't tell us it's not an issue.

Saprezzan
06.29.2012 , 07:21 AM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by Jageera View Post
Guardian's Exalted set sold by the Legacy Vendor on Coruscant.
It doesn't look like it's hoodless - at least in the preview. I'll buy it later and try it out. Could be becasue you're Twi'lek?
Progenitor/Vanguard/Guardian

Primarch_PWnD
06.29.2012 , 08:56 AM | #653
It's not hoodless unfortuantely.

The lowest level legacy armor is the only jedi heavy armor in the entire game without a hood, requires legacy 10, and costs 100k from the vendor on Coruscant.

As it is the single non-hooded option, I did wear it until I was about lvl 25.....at that point, the charicature-size, anime-style, overdone shoulder pads with the coloring of post-BM toilet-water became too much to keep staring at.

I really wish someone at Bioware could answer our question:
What was the reasoning behind removing all hood-down armor appearances from the Jedi Knight?

They may have a really good reason for keeping us all looking exactly the same with our hoods up, and still showing all marketing with hoods down with the caption "create a unique look". It's honestly really fustrating to keep seeing that on the front page, and may be easier if there was some sort of official comment.

I can't be unique if no one can see my face. I have a Chiss Jedi, and I'm the only one who knows he's a Chiss......

Saprezzan
06.29.2012 , 09:51 AM | #654
That's a shame.

What headgear makes the chest hoodless?
Progenitor/Vanguard/Guardian

ragdejr
06.29.2012 , 12:46 PM | #655
It would take litterally two seconds to just implement hoodless versions of

RockysRevenge
07.01.2012 , 05:29 AM | #656
Saw a guy on Republic Fleet today (Corellian Run) with a Battlelord set that had a clipped hood. He was wearing a headband, not a visor, so apparently there are some headbands that clip the hood. I asked him which one it was, and he says he got it from the Heroic in the Red Light Sector on Nar Shaddaa. I know it's not what we're asking for, but it's something.
The BALBOA legacy!
The Illuminate/ The Enclave/ 528th gaming community

http://www.528thfleet.com/

LuthienSeraph
07.01.2012 , 10:21 AM | #657
Yes, I just found one the other day, just after I hit level 50: Ancient Ardent Blade's Headgear (Thumbnail on Torhead is wrong). I'm sure there are others of this type that will do it. I found it pretty cheap and then bought some really good mods.

See screenshot here

But, I really wish I could have just toggled it off instead of having to use this workaround.

SykesNinetyTwo
07.01.2012 , 02:06 PM | #658
We should really just tweet the Dev team on twitter asking them to address this or at least give us an acknowledgement they are actually working on it. because they probably never read these threads at all.

https://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR

Savej
07.02.2012 , 10:30 AM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by SykesNinetyTwo View Post
We should really just tweet the Dev team on twitter asking them to address this or at least give us an acknowledgement they are actually working on it. because they probably never read these threads at all.
There have been several yellow posts on the subject saying it is on their list and is very much a desired feature. But no ETA that I have seen so far.

athenaprime
07.02.2012 , 11:54 AM | #660
My Miraluka knight wears a Reinforced Mullinine headgear (orange) that cancels out the hood. If that helps.