Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Saprezzan
06.20.2012 , 06:19 AM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by KindBudhArsh View Post
My work around with just the click of Toggle show Helmet On/Off

HOOD ON/Hide Helmet

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/..._47_513015.jpg

HOOD OFF/Show Helmet

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/..._05_414902.jpg
I've tried that a few times, but it doesn't look like it always works - maybe it depends on the headgear and/or chest armour? Could someone shed some light on this?
Progenitor/Vanguard/Guardian

Rednave
06.24.2012 , 05:58 AM | #632
showing my support for this.
I like me

OdanBaruq
06.24.2012 , 08:52 AM | #633
Supporting this as well.

My Guardian is a Zabrek not a walking/flying hooded robe! As a jedi there should be no shame to show ones face to the light...

clearsighted
06.24.2012 , 08:58 AM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Yesterday I picked up a random green-quality drop of a heavy guardian chestpiece, and low-and-behold, it's the same styling as the Jedi Battlelord, only with darker colored robes, and dark brown/silver plate/shoulder armor. It happens to look pretty cool (has the hood up).

The point is, where the frak is this in orange-quality?

They designed a system to let us choose our appearance, yet they've already made the choices for what armor we are "allowed" to wear.

1. We are not allowed to have a hood down
2. We are not allowed to wear anything an NPC has (even though a bunch of that stuff is pretty cool...i mean, i'm the one saving the galaxy and all, and I can't look as cool as the nameless idiot guarding my ship container on the fleet?)
3. #1 applies to #2
4. We are not allowed to keep set bonus from Tier PvP and PvE armor if we don't want that look (really? a space samurai? A cool idea but you know, art department, there's a way to make a jedi resemble a samurai without making it actually look like a samurai.....)
5.We are not allowed to have an appearance like ANY of the promo material, even after watching gameplay footage of it.
6. We are not allowed to have any information from Bioware or the art department on why any of these choices were made. And there hasn't been a statement about any of this in months..
Hearsay is it's because of Gabe, and his desire that all classes be instantly recognizable on a battlefield, as in Warhammer. Hence, a distinctive, hooded look on most gear.

EzoEo
06.24.2012 , 10:27 AM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Hearsay is it's because of Gabe, and his desire that all classes be instantly recognizable on a battlefield, as in Warhammer. Hence, a distinctive, hooded look on most gear.
I doubt it's that as a Guardian can wear Trooper armor in PvP and 1.3 has adaptive armor coming.

My guess would be is that they just have figured out how to add a hood toggle yet. I would be happy enough with two seperate craftable armour models.
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

Jageera
06.24.2012 , 02:32 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Yesterday I picked up a random green-quality drop of a heavy guardian chestpiece, and low-and-behold, it's the same styling as the Jedi Battlelord, only with darker colored robes, and dark brown/silver plate/shoulder armor. It happens to look pretty cool (has the hood up).

The point is, where the frak is this in orange-quality?
Guardian's Exalted set sold by the Legacy Vendor on Coruscant.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."

KAYRED
06.24.2012 , 03:10 PM | #637
I know there are some headgears that remove the robe, I'm just having to wait till I get campaign gear so I don't lose my 4 piece set bonus(I have a different chest).
The Chatos Academy-Guild Master
"NovaKourn serving you the Nuts since 2011"

"For the Order and the Republic, I will give anything and everything, including my life." -Mace Windu

OdanBaruq
06.25.2012 , 08:53 AM | #638
Yeh so actually just picked up Hoth headpiece last night it hid the hood, but turning from jedi to cyberpunk wasn't really what was looking for lol Not mentioned the cloak wearing currently looked semi dress like without the hood from the back.... Guess stay with the hood till hopefully they will do something about this.

Would feel better if they actually showed some inidcation that they really are looking into this. Hoping their not expecting social armour to be the 'fix' that's not a fix that's an alternative... step up I guess but still not the same and don't have the same jedi feel lol nore do i want to put away an actual decent looking robe to play dress up in something non-jediish. leave that to my smuggler/non-jedi or my less serious jedi characters lol

EbonHawkCz
06.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #639
Is there at least some indication that it may appear in 1.3 ?
Well there is nothing easier but to wait :-) but it would be a nice suprise

JohnRoy
06.25.2012 , 03:07 PM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by EbonHawkCz View Post
Is there at least some indication that it may appear in 1.3 ?
Well there is nothing easier but to wait :-) but it would be a nice suprise
As 1.3 is on the PTS without it, there is actually every indication that it will not appear in 1.3. I believe it is now time to demand at every opportunity why the Devs cannot at the very least give us the hood down armors as separate pieces if they cannot engineer a hood toggle yet. Is anyone going to Comi-Con who can ask this? I have asked in every Q and A thread since their original promise of having it "in the next major update" proved false, and so far nothing.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/