Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

MimicUnleashed
05.04.2012 , 06:07 PM | #561
The outcry was sated simply because of the statement it would be in after 1.2. Which is fine. However now it's been shifted to "unsure when". I appreciate that things take time and there are (legitimately) more pressing issues in this game than a cosmetic issue with clothing, but when all the JK advertisement up to the game, in the beta, and even now on the splash pages for this site have hood-down Jedi you sort of seem to understand how iconic that look is and how frustrating this is. The butt issue needs fixing, I agree, but I'd rather my hair be visible than stop showing off my large wallet.

Even if you just introduced some reskinned sith robes with the hood down that are modable we'd be happy. But no... none of that. Oy!
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

thebigdoubleu
05.04.2012 , 06:26 PM | #562
SPOILER ALERT

The funny thing is most Jedi Knights you encountered in game do not wear hoods. When you gather your Jedi army on Corellia for the class quest (I paid attention to this), and none of your Jedi wear hoods.

So I don't get it. On one hand, someone in the art department seems to feel the hoodless Jedi is the typical look, yet, on the other hand, pretty much all Jedi armour (especially Guardian heavy armour) is hooded.
Build three farms and a barracks.

slowantics
05.05.2012 , 09:06 PM | #563
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012
not sure if anyone else read this. something i stumbled upon
Signature: Coming Soon

Farstrider
05.06.2012 , 12:42 AM | #564
It is a sad fact that BW have SO much that needs to be developed and implemented (things that should have been in at launch), that this is just going to get pushed back and back.

There are many features that should have been included, many tried and tested MMO systems, but the lack of hoodless armour is an absolute joke... As many others have posted, Jedi Knights are plastered all over the official site, nonchalantly fighting off Sith with they're mullets out.. And yet as players we cannot. You go from 12-50 no longer seeing your character's head properly, all those cutscenes, all those dramatic moments with your hero obscured..

The whole issue in perspective is trifling.. But when you have a JK Guardian, it becomes a rather large annoyance.. Probably moreso than having a massive jedi arse...

Ironically I bet there are a few players out there that have forgotten what they're character's hair looks like...

llesna
05.15.2012 , 04:15 AM | #565
Still hoping that this finds its way into the game sooner rather than later.

Only hoodless jedi guardian wear I have seen so far is the highly expensive legacy items, sold from the vendor on Coruscant.

JJochen
05.15.2012 , 06:10 AM | #566
With the latest patch this morning it would appear that a change has been made. If you have headgear on then the hood is dropped. If you remove the gear (at the loss of the headgear ratings) then the hood is back up. I still wish I could see a toggle applied but that is in the works as has been previously stated.

gulegule
05.15.2012 , 07:09 AM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by JJochen View Post
With the latest patch this morning it would appear that a change has been made. If you have headgear on then the hood is dropped. If you remove the gear (at the loss of the headgear ratings) then the hood is back up. I still wish I could see a toggle applied but that is in the works as has been previously stated.
It also puts the hood back up if you select 'hide headslot', so you don't need to loose your headslot for stats. It does hide the look, so if you liked the hood + headslot look, you can't recreate that in the current build. Also, the hoodless look appears to simply rip the hood off your robe, rather than have it in the hood down pose other chest pieces have.

So yeah, this feels more like a bug than the hood toggle I'd like to see.

(EDIT: Yes, in fact it is a bug! http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...highlight=hood )

yullyuk
05.15.2012 , 10:31 AM | #568
well this bug is welcome in my eyes, i hope they dont get rid of it, its nice to see my character with hair again!
for us all... death is an oppurtunity... as is everything else in life

ACE SQUADRON... DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC JEDI GUARDIAN, STALWART PROTECTOR OF THE REPUBLIC

llesna
05.16.2012 , 03:25 AM | #569
Here's hoping that devs will do more than just fix the bug and maybe finally implement the toggle everyone has requested since beta!

yullyuk
05.16.2012 , 12:16 PM | #570
well we know the possibilitie is their otherwise the bug wouldnt exist, i think they could work around this bug and implement a modded version of it into the game, im loving seeing my characters hair in his armor
for us all... death is an oppurtunity... as is everything else in life

ACE SQUADRON... DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC JEDI GUARDIAN, STALWART PROTECTOR OF THE REPUBLIC