Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Koorah
02.10.2012 , 11:36 AM | #491
Sorry haven't read every post here but wanted to add my voice to this.

As an RPG player I love creating character's; I spend a long time on the character creation screen getting the look I want (within the constraints).

If coding Hood Up/Down toggle is a pain - and I'm not a programmer so I won't challenge what I don't know - then at least create and drop hood down Orange robes for the rest of us, or add hood down mats for Synthweavers. I've only seen hooded Orange robes and while I like hoods, I don't want them all the time. If I have to choose one or t'other, I'd go hood down all the way. Would increase treade on the GTN if nothing else.

Help us OBioware-Kenobi; you are our only hope...
In THIS universe Commandos carry the BFG | GET. OVER. IT.
British Havoc Squaddie - LET'S 'AVE IT!

nightwise
02.10.2012 , 12:09 PM | #492
I just wanted to bump this post

I never whine on forums but this issues is just silly and is so easily fixable that i cant undestand why it is not beeing adressed ?

If i put a trooper helmet on PUF my hood is gone, so there is noway this is not copy/paste a few lines of code and call it a day..fix plz

nightwise
02.10.2012 , 12:14 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by MitzaMike View Post
I am a programer and a game designer (small one offcourse) The lil' problem with the hood on/off togle (please remember it's just speculation I am NOT saying this is the real case) may be the fact that the meshes used were not optimized for that. Meaning that it might start looking wierd (like the bug on tattoine with e huge green lines from those generators for those who know ). Pixels might stat running around , looking even more horibile. To fix this lil'bugs takes a lot of time of optimizing each and every armor u have . Combine that with the other races and the cutscenes, because in those the detailes are a LOT higher so a lot more room for bugs to appear, and every face feature and we have a HUGE time eater.

Practicaly if it was not designed it the first place like this you must redo everything from charathers and cinematics optimizeing again witch is not only time consuming but also resource consuming , and in this situation i think there are a LOT of other bugs that need fixing than just refining the models.

This is just MY opinion and please feel free to not agree with me.

But still I am also hopeing for this feature in the future :P
I see your point, however it is wrong

Put on trooper helmet and your hood is gone, so this fix will take like 5min to do.

HOWEVER while the hood is gone its not flipped down just removed, witch i find to be an accepable comprimise.

So no that is no need to redo any gear in any way, the hood CAN be removed by a helmet thats why it kinda ticks me off.

I spend a long time making my chars look just like i want them too, the hood just completely ruins it for me.

Anrew
02.10.2012 , 12:26 PM | #494
I wouldn't mind my hood flippingt down on my sage, however I don't like the head pieces in most cases. So I would prefer hood down while no head piece on. Thats just my 2 cents. Saw the topic and I couldn't help myself.

Jesira
02.10.2012 , 02:47 PM | #495
Definitely want to be able to turn hoods off!

NiklasWB
02.10.2012 , 04:21 PM | #496
We really need this in the game asap. Like NOW.

I'm really starting to not like the fact that I can't see my Zabrak's horns. Right now he's just a human with tattoos on his face.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Josto Legacy
Canderon (Vanguard) Kadeen (Guardian) Shiaran (Sage)
Maloren (Powertech) Tharonos (Juggernaut) Lynnara (Sorcerer)
Andren (Scoundrel)

AislingKerrigan
02.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonlo View Post
It's not in for launch. You can use a custom (orange type) armor with the hood down and keep it modded to stay relevant if you want.
50 Gaurdian and I have YET to see an ORANGE robe with the hood down. The only other option is to wear some of the trooper gear.

AislingKerrigan
02.10.2012 , 05:09 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
this is apparently the most difficult thing to code in the entire history of MMO's because ive yet to play an MMO in the last 15 years that has managed to make the impossible possible...

....a hood toggle.
WoW had the option to hide your hood same as any other headpiece. What Bioware screwed up is they made the hood a part of your chest piece, independent from the head piece (which you CAN hide).

The code is in there to hide the hood completely (as it does for Twi'lek, Togruta, etc), but I am a little disappointed they completely left out a 'hood down' look. Like in the character creation... it's kind of deceiving since you can NEVER get that specific armor/robe in game.

Tirrallas
02.10.2012 , 06:50 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by AislingKerrigan View Post
WoW had the option to hide your hood same as any other headpiece. What Bioware screwed up is they made the hood a part of your chest piece, independent from the head piece (which you CAN hide).

The code is in there to hide the hood completely (as it does for Twi'lek, Togruta, etc), but I am a little disappointed they completely left out a 'hood down' look. Like in the character creation... it's kind of deceiving since you can NEVER get that specific armor/robe in game.
You can if you're a sith warrior. However this for me just adds extra annoyance since their reply of "oh its too hard to implement into the game" is absolute ******** I have it on my own SW. (hood down options not the toggle)
۞⋞░▒⊈⋐⋑⊉▒▒۩ʭ▒░╬███████████████████████████████████)

DS_Romer
02.10.2012 , 07:04 PM | #500
Twi'leks especially need to be sorted. We never have our hoods up, but hooded robes gimp our character by removing stuff we put in on character creation.