Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

BBrowned
02.03.2012 , 09:43 PM | #461
I too kept the top from Tython which I use when for conversation when I can lol.

This whole hood thing really perplexes me how it made it to retail without being addressed.

Sarakk
02.04.2012 , 11:51 AM | #462
We need to keep this topic on the front page.

It really irks me that I cannot have my hood down. There is a reason why all the Jedi in the promotional screenshots and videos have their hood down, and that is because it looks awesome.

This whole thing almost feels like a bait and switch scam sometimes. I just want my guy to look like how he did on the character creation screen. I really don't even want to play my JK until I can put his hood down.

Panzakat
02.04.2012 , 12:41 PM | #463
Simplest fix ever, make all helms and I mean everything simply remove all hoods.

Then you could just pick up the nice looking headband and your done.
"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a million dollars worth of voice actors cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced!"

Cedia
02.04.2012 , 06:14 PM | #464
I had a thought today: maybe this is intentional. Kinda like in Failhammer Online each class was meant to be "iconic". So the way they separate the Consular classes from the Knight classes is by forcing a hood on the Knights.

Then I realized that Sith Warriors have no such restrictions.
Sorry about the mess.

mitrikzoltan
02.05.2012 , 12:56 AM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
I had a thought today: maybe this is intentional. Kinda like in Failhammer Online each class was meant to be "iconic". So the way they separate the Consular classes from the Knight classes is by forcing a hood on the Knights.

So I really hope that Failhammer dev gets fired if this is indeed the case. Hm, maybe that is too harsh. Okay, give him a warning that he will be fired unless he fixes it.
Fire him his an idiot.
They think people can not tell the difference between an armored jedi knight and a jedi consular?
Not to mention, most JK I see wear trooper, smuggler, social or consular armor because of this.

clearsighted
02.05.2012 , 05:38 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post

I couldn't agree more. It is another one of those odious, pathetic and awful design philosophies that seems to have slithered from the creative abortion that was Warhammer Online.

Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
The fact that they removed armors with the hood down just makes me so angry I am on the verge of just cancelling my sub over this and never looking back. The person that made this decision should be fired, I can't be nice about this as it is just ruining my experience with the game.
It was probably one of the lead devs. The stuff usually comes from those with the most power to force it through the groupthink sessions.

Noviere
02.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzakat View Post
Simplest fix ever, make all helms and I mean everything simply remove all hoods.

Then you could just pick up the nice looking headband and your done.
This would work for me. You can barely see the headbands with the hood up anyway.

Farstrider
02.05.2012 , 08:49 AM | #468
It is a sad state of affairs.. But who knows, if we make enough noise, hopefully, one day, someone might just do something about it...

Jonlo
02.05.2012 , 09:54 AM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Farstrider View Post
It is a sad state of affairs.. But who knows, if we make enough noise, hopefully, one day, someone might just do something about it...
...overreact much?

They've already said they're looking into it.

TheGreenAlloy
02.05.2012 , 12:38 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by Noviere View Post
This would work for me. You can barely see the headbands with the hood up anyway.
Head gear should put the hood down, and then we should be able to select "hide head slot" and still have the hood down.