Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

ldeclue
01.31.2012 , 10:03 AM | #451
Was really annoyed me is the other night I started a new toon for kicks and made a sith marauder. So I got him to Imp fleet and went browsing their GTN. Nearly ever heavy and medium armor that was a "robe" comes with the hood down. Their head pieces look much better too.

Noviere
01.31.2012 , 10:06 AM | #452
I would be happy if they just added a few different colored moddable hood-less robes(both heavy and medium) to some vendor as a temporary solution. Or a schematic. Or made a /hood command that made the game think we were twi'leks. Or make all of our headgear hide our hoods.

Anything really.

I'm only level 35, but I've had a hood since ~15. It's getting old, especially during cutscenes shot from a profile angle that I can't even see my face in.

Quote: Originally Posted by ldeclue View Post
Was really annoyed me is the other night I started a new toon for kicks and made a sith marauder. So I got him to Imp fleet and went browsing their GTN. Nearly ever heavy and medium armor that was a "robe" comes with the hood down. Their head pieces look much better too.
It's funny, because I've read threads on the Sith Warrior forums about how much they hate the lack of hoods, hahah

spacemonkey
01.31.2012 , 10:40 AM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by Noviere View Post
I would be happy if they just added a few different colored moddable hood-less robes(both heavy and medium) to some vendor as a temporary solution. Or a schematic. Or made a /hood command that made the game think we were twi'leks. Or make all of our headgear hide our hoods.

Anything really.

I'm only level 35, but I've had a hood since ~15. It's getting old, especially during cutscenes shot from a profile angle that I can't even see my face in.

It's funny, because I've read threads on the Sith Warrior forums about how much they hate the lack of hoods, hahah
What's funny is that the Sith were shown in the advertising vids with their Hoods up, while the Jedi had their hoods down and yet in the actual game it's the opposite.

What both sides should have is a choice on how they look which we used to have in beta before they gutted the game for launch and removed gear, quest and other features that we used to enjoy.

Fomby
02.01.2012 , 08:54 PM | #454
I want my Hoodless robes for my sentinel, I don't. Play it anymore cause it bothers me so much.

Dan_McMan
02.03.2012 , 02:41 PM | #455
It seems like Synthweaving would be a fairly straightforward and unintrusive means to address this issue in the short term. A few modifiable hood down robe schematics could be added to Synthweaving to hold players over until a hood-toggle could be implemented.

Ravrohan
02.03.2012 , 03:06 PM | #456
Recolor some robes for the other faction (a texture change) and drop them in. Solve some short term grief.
"To strive, to seek and not to yield. We go where the brave dare not follow."

Galbatorrix
02.03.2012 , 03:19 PM | #457
/signed. Honestly, I really do like the hood, but I hate it a lot of times in cutscenes/conversations. I wish they'd at least give us the option to make it disappear during conversations.

Spoiler

DentUrrath
02.03.2012 , 06:09 PM | #458
Couldn't agree with Galbatorrix more. I've been thinking of going topless for the cutscenes as well. xD

I hope we get hood down robes very soon. Needn't have bothered giving my character hair, don't see it at all. Hell, I've forgotten what it looks like. xD

Lukeia
02.03.2012 , 06:25 PM | #459
I actually kept my blue tython commendation top just because of this :P I switch into it for cutscenes. I'd rather have a toggle or some robes my level to switch into instead...but this is what I'm doing for now.

JohnRoy
02.03.2012 , 06:36 PM | #460
They moved the hood down robe thread to the "Suggestion Box" forum, but I'm glad this one is still going strong.

Keep the pressure on. Let the Devs know that we want hood down options on the Jedi side. The ones they have shown us all over this website. Toggle too difficult? Fine. Just add in the armors for now. But do it.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/