Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

DelphinHunter
01.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #431
BUMP I'm still disliking the hood thing.
Got some hoodless top for my next level 23 msybe tonight.
Bought nice set for Kira.
_____Bloodhawk , Jedi Knight of the Republic, Sentinel, Founder.____
_________The Force will be with you...always _________

Spellacopter
01.27.2012 , 04:25 PM | #432
Many of the npc master jedi don't wear hoods, are those outfits available in game?

I MUST FIND ONE.

MimicUnleashed
01.27.2012 , 06:35 PM | #433
There was a chest piece I found on the Empire side that was PERFECT. Level 50 modable, heavy armor, the robe with the hood down, armored pieces on the cloak, the Battlelord-ish chest piece underneath... I bought it on my alt so fast there was a lack of hair in the Imperial Fleet from how quickly I displaced it. I ran to Nar Shadaa, had a guildie come over on his Republic character and linked the chest in say so I could be SURE it looked the same.

Instead it's another hood-up chest piece. Nothing at all like what it shows on the Imperial side. So I've been wondering why not just re-color the stuff from the Empire's side (maybe 3-5 pieces) stuff it on special vendors across planets for various levels (moddable) and let people just buy the gear they want until there is a much later sweeping fix of the hood issue?

Recoloring a piece and adding it into, say, the heavy armor merchants on various planets for Guardians and Medium for Sentinels, and voila: You have a temporary fix for those of us who are furious about the hood and the goggles, and you have time to release something much better than a quick fix to sate the upset masses, and you buy yourself time to work on more important updates since there is a valid work around. I mean... that makes sense to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

flamezfan
01.27.2012 , 07:11 PM | #434
I'm still wondering, and scratcihing my head over the fact that in my lower levels of being a JK I saw lot of differnet chest pieces, now that I'm past level 15, I see very few different chest pieces. Shouldn't your selection increase as you get into higher levels.

cokewise
01.27.2012 , 08:30 PM | #435
I'm severely dissapointed in the Armor options (mostly Chest) for JK. *********** mad about it.

SonOfMars
01.28.2012 , 12:31 PM | #436
Definitely need a hood toggle...

Divona
01.28.2012 , 03:23 PM | #437
I also looking hood down version for heavy armor, i only found 1 medium armor vest (orange) that has hood down.

So far i have seen lvl 11 blue heavy armor chest that had hood down. Really Bioware im shocked, how come there is no blue/purple/orange version high level heavy armor hood down for JK (armored robes) ?

After seeing pvp armor, it feels like Bioware really dislikes JK class as whole. Sith heavy armors are REALLY good.

Cedia
01.28.2012 , 03:23 PM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by mitrikzoltan View Post
Were there hoodless or hood-down robes for guardian in beta?

Also, did anyone notice that the ONLY chest piece that will not drop in the Esseles is the Guardian chest? Nobody on my server (trask ulgo) has ever seen one drop.
The same thing is true for the Black Talon Juggernaut chest.

A bunch of armors were removed from the game at launch, and apparently these two were some of them.

Probably unrelated to the hood thing.

Probably related to the fact that they both looked flipping awesome and EA/BioWare wants us to pay for them in a cash shop instead.
Sorry about the mess.

JeedaiFiresaber
01.28.2012 , 03:40 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
The same thing is true for the Black Talon Juggernaut chest.

A bunch of armors were removed from the game at launch, and apparently these two were some of them.

Probably unrelated to the hood thing.

Probably related to the fact that they both looked flipping awesome and EA/BioWare wants us to pay for them in a cash shop instead.
the day that happens i will be done with this game. already some dubious bait and switch of things from what i saw in beta (i know i know, not a finished product...but they totally led us on by inviting everyone to the beta too as a marketting ploy)

I had the guardian chest from esseles in beta. it was pretty much a white Vader chest with a cape and looked AWESOME. The control box on the chest had blue and yellow lights if i recall. I also had a purple lightsaber....

HessuVee
01.29.2012 , 07:51 AM | #440
One more vote for the hood toggle here.
Also, I want it to be so that when the hood is down it's still visible as in bunched behind your head. It's not enough for it to be either up or gone as it happens when you put on a helmet while wearing a hooded robe. A robe with it's hood completely gone looks very silly.