Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

ArmoredRaven
01.17.2012 , 03:59 PM | #371
Do you guys remember the medium armor you get from tython for 8 commendations? Thatone can be crafted with 3 slots, one of my guildmates found it.
The name is aspiring knight's vest.

Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011722570.jpg/

You can use it at any level you like, depending on the modules you insert.

Hope this helps anyone looking for hoodless armors.

XianL
01.18.2012 , 09:13 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxxBlaze View Post
go into your preferences and i think its in user interface.. toggle your helmet and your hood should go up.
Nope, this only removes whatever idiotic headband/eyeband you happen to be wearing, not your hood.

Panzakat
01.18.2012 , 03:43 PM | #373
Since we all know that robe models with the hood down exist, see the jedi temple on tython, or just about any jedi guard mob and it has no hood.

If they can't do a hood toggle switch, do a hoodless exchange vendor.

He takes your robe with hood and gives you a version without a hood.

Failing that ensure there is at least 1 moddable robe without a hood for each level of armor given as a basic recipe to the synthweavers. Problem solved really.

Some one said all armor should have a orange version. Great! yet to see a single one for heavies. Making a version of the level 33 robe spoted a few pages back would suit, it looks good.

Lots of options tbh. A lot of work sure? another lookup ref table and an entry into the item moddifactions table perhaps. Give your robe to Tailor we'll call him safen, item gets hoodless key ref and displays hoodless model from lookup ref. Find a perm solution? remove the tables.

I mean cmon all guards have no hoods and the jedi guardian/knight poster boy has armor without a hood... i find it hard to believe its hard, sine they already do lookups on the model/mods etc. Changing where it points doesn't seem like alot of effort.

If the models don't exhist? how then can it be done for the guards and not the players ?
"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a million dollars worth of voice actors cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced!"

Simzyy
01.18.2012 , 05:16 PM | #374
I'm just posting to say BioWare please make a hood toggle
can't stand being a bold knight that looks the same as 95% of all other knights because everyone has a hood

Sabster
01.18.2012 , 05:19 PM | #375
I hate to break it to you all; but this isn't something that's easily done... They would have to redo all hooded clothes.

Strayth
01.18.2012 , 05:54 PM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
I hate to break it to you all; but this isn't something that's easily done... They would have to redo all hooded clothes.
No. The hood is a clipping part. And you can see in the game that for EVERY gear that has a hood up, a NPC somewhere has a hood down (and vice versa).

All the art is done. All of it.

sotacram
01.19.2012 , 10:18 AM | #377
Have you received the new email from BW about founder titles?

In the email there is a hoodless Jedi Guardian in what looks like a white version of the green battle armor.

They mock us again with their hoodless armor.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...ders/topbg.jpg

Simzyy
01.20.2012 , 08:58 AM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by sotacram View Post
Have you received the new email from BW about founder titles?

In the email there is a hoodless Jedi Guardian in what looks like a white version of the green battle armor.

They mock us again with their hoodless armor.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...ders/topbg.jpg
Yeah I saw that
It's actually ridiculous lol every video and screenshot has hoodless robes.
So to say its alot of work is BS i reckon. After alll, twi-leks have hoodless robes. so surely its just a easy patch =/

JohnRoy
01.20.2012 , 01:50 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by Simzyy View Post
Yeah I saw that
It's actually ridiculous lol every video and screenshot has hoodless robes.
So to say its alot of work is BS i reckon. After alll, twi-leks have hoodless robes. so surely its just a easy patch =/

He's on the actual launcher screen now!
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Pedroloures
01.21.2012 , 05:38 PM | #380
Dunno if you like visors but the hoth commendation guy has one that remove your hood when used. Works for me.