Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Merwanor
01.02.2012 , 01:07 PM | #311
I am a Jedi Guardian and I have now chosen to go for some medium armor, the armor hit is not that big really and now I atleast have a robe like armor with the hood down.

I managed to find a recipe for Aspiring Knight's Vest.

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G

This armor looks like the medium armor you can buy from the commendation vendor on Tython. But it is just a temporary thing for me, if this is not fixed soon I am not sure I will continue playing on my Jedi Knight. I also refuse to wear the horrible Artifact gear you get on raids or PvP even though they do not have a hood.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

wadecounty
01.02.2012 , 01:14 PM | #312
I hope this is addressed soon. I don't want to keep playing a Sith Warrior, but I've lost all inspiration to continue on my Knight, all I've done the past few days is hunt for datacrons, space missions here and there and run around helping lower level characters while shirtless (which I admit is kind of funny).

If this isn't addressed and fixed within the next couple of weeks I think I'm done, I'd rather go back to something like Skyrim where mods can fix dev mistakes (and I'm not an MMO addict).

JohnRoy
01.02.2012 , 01:27 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
I am a Jedi Guardian and I have now chosen to go for some medium armor, the armor hit is not that big really and now I atleast have a robe like armor with the hood down.

I managed to find a recipe for Aspiring Knight's Vest.

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G

This armor looks like the medium armor you can buy from the commendation vendor on Tython. But it is just a temporary thing for me, if this is not fixed soon I am not sure I will continue playing on my Jedi Knight. I also refuse to wear the horrible Artifact gear you get on raids or PvP even though they do not have a hood.
This is what I'm wearing now, but yeah, enthusiasm is waining, and wains even further every time I queue for a Warzone and see all the armors I can't choose from because of the hoods.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Strayth
01.02.2012 , 01:57 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
This is what I'm wearing now, but yeah, enthusiasm is waining, and wains even further every time I queue for a Warzone and see all the armors I can't choose from because of the hoods.
Also, its textures look amazing in game. And it has no clipping nor fat butt.

On a robe ? If I zoom up, I want to throw up.

How to get the recipe?

JohnRoy
01.02.2012 , 03:06 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
Also, its textures look amazing in game. And it has no clipping nor fat butt.

On a robe ? If I zoom up, I want to throw up.

How to get the recipe?
I don't know. I bought it off the GTN.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Deelmackey
01.02.2012 , 05:49 PM | #316
I will sign this petition!

Yep, I think it would most convenient, of course, to have a "/hood" command, and the game has a rendered animation for the hooding and un-hooding mechanic.

However, I'll certainly at the very least take the "Hide Helmet" setting to control the hood at a minimum.

Thank you, BioWare, for listening to us.
(█//////██o█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

SpirtikusTor
01.02.2012 , 06:13 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
I hope this is addressed soon. I don't want to keep playing a Sith Warrior, but I've lost all inspiration to continue on my Knight, all I've done the past few days is hunt for datacrons, space missions here and there and run around helping lower level characters while shirtless (which I admit is kind of funny).

If this isn't addressed and fixed within the next couple of weeks I think I'm done, I'd rather go back to something like Skyrim where mods can fix dev mistakes (and I'm not an MMO addict).
You would leave a game because it does not have many NOT hooded robes? Then... Panda land awaits you...
- Jedi Sentinel Arpaad 'I trust in the Force to guide me.'

Nexxa
01.02.2012 , 06:31 PM | #318
This would make me roll a guardian. Signed with no small amount of gusto. Juggernauts don't have to deal with hoods eating their hair. Way to play favorites, Bioware.
"Here's a free hamburger! Enjoy yourself." "You're being greedy! I want fries too!" Sounds silly doesn't it?

darthtoph
01.02.2012 , 06:43 PM | #319
Well, I would like to keep my Champion gear and that sweet Expertise bonus so come on, BioWare, and add that gear appearance/customization option pretty much every other MMO has.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

wadecounty
01.02.2012 , 07:31 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by SpirtikusTor View Post
You would leave a game because it does not have many NOT hooded robes? Then... Panda land awaits you...
I assume you're referring to WoW, but I'm not big on MMO's to be honest. I'm playing this because its fun, but if I stopped playing it wouldn't be to play another MMO. I've actually never played WoW before.

In fact the only other MMO I've played was SWG.