Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Anawyn
12.28.2011 , 04:05 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
I have the hood down Medium 11 Sentinel set that am modding up and just taking the armor hit.
Which set is that? I've been looking for a Sent chest piece like that.

Also, it did look like a few of the higher end PvP sets had hoodless Guardian armor.

Polebreaker
12.28.2011 , 04:41 AM | #252
Something-or-other blast goggles will get rid of the hood. They arent moddable (that I've seen) and stats are meh, plus you get the Geordie LaForge look...

But at least you can see your hair!

Merwanor
12.28.2011 , 09:16 AM | #253
Ok i managed to find a couple of recipes for Aspiring Knight's leggings and vest, which looks like the Tython commendation reward robe. Unfortunatly it is medium armor
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

SuperSair
12.28.2011 , 10:04 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
Something-or-other blast goggles will get rid of the hood. They arent moddable (that I've seen) and stats are meh, plus you get the Geordie LaForge look...

But at least you can see your hair!

Orange head from Hoth commendations for Guardians.

yullyuk
12.28.2011 , 10:56 AM | #255
id just be happy if the hood toggle just made it disappear but oh well :/ come on bioware take this seriously :/
for us all... death is an oppurtunity... as is everything else in life

ACE SQUADRON... DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC JEDI GUARDIAN, STALWART PROTECTOR OF THE REPUBLIC

wadecounty
12.28.2011 , 01:36 PM | #256
Bump for unhooded justice!

Strayth
12.28.2011 , 01:40 PM | #257
While trying not to play my Jedi, I tried all other classes. I can't believe how "fun" they are compared to JK. It's like EVERYTHING about the JK is utter crap, and willingly broken :/ ...

Anyway, be sure to ask Stephen Reid about the HOOD toggle today, and be sure to be specific, as he already got hood and helmet confused the first time.

wadecounty
12.28.2011 , 02:23 PM | #258
OK guys, here's what you have to do.

Go here...

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ager_for_star/

ctrl + f for hood, and upvote any question that asks about hoods. You don't even have to sign up to do this I don't think.

Make it happen, now's our chance!

VeeV
12.28.2011 , 02:32 PM | #259
I've been using the plain, statless white gear from the vendors just for the armor bonus. I plan on continuing to use these until i get a suitable upgrade robe that doesnt have the ridiculous hood. I haven't had any issues being undergeared, so no gameplay issues, so its the best answer for me until i get something better without a hood. It's a shame, because i think alot of the robes look good, save for the hood. The Tatooine commendation one comes to mind, i really liked it, but damn the hood!

I'm really enjoying my combat sentinel and its a fun class and spec (hit 34 last night and its really picked up!), but having to wear statless white chest peices because we got screwed over with the hood is a little dissapointing. I'm hoping this was just an oversight, because alot of other specs/classes get hoodless robes AND you see them on NPCs. Keep this going in hopes of a response from BW!

wadecounty
12.28.2011 , 03:12 PM | #260
Well, we got our answer... it could take a while

Quote:
[–]ddrlenz 12 points 1 hour ago

Will there be the ability to raise/lower hoods on Jedi Robes via a command? We've seen many different robe variations but very few without a hood down. I'd very much like to have the choice. Thank you!

[–]StephenReid[S] 4 points 1 minute ago

We know this is wanted, but it's more work than you might expect. It may come in the future.

parent
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...xaam?context=3

I think I'm done playing my Knight for a few months or so I guess. Not interested in the story or anything else really with a stupid hood on my head at all times.