Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hood On/Off Toggle?


eGraced's Avatar


eGraced
12.27.2011 , 11:04 PM | #241
I'm just posting to bump the thread again, as this issue is driving me CRAZY.

If Bioware wanted me to be a Jawa, I should have had the option to make my Jedi Knight 3 feet tall with glowing yellow eyes.
A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

JohnRoy's Avatar


JohnRoy
12.27.2011 , 11:18 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
The lack of unhooded options is extremely dissapointing. I understand that development can be difficult, but unhooded robes should have been implemented from the start.
They were!

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/j...ght-guardian-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-0

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka-1

They just weren't put in the game. They are sitting in a file on some Bioware computer. If you want to look at one in 3D start a new Jedi Knight. You can rotate him around and zoom in. Take a good look because it's the last time you will ever see him in that armor.

The best part about this whole issue is how easy it is for BW to fix it and make us all happy.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
12.27.2011 , 11:21 PM | #243
They're in the game too.

Other than the character creator, all NPC Jedi also have unhooded robes.

They just aren't in the game as loot for the player, that's all. I swear, its so obvious they intended to have it be a toggle option and just haven't implemented it yet, because there's no way they'd make hooded the default when all NPC Jedi have them unhooded.

Btw, if the caped look doesn't bug you too much there are a few caped options that aren't hooded. I'm using one now. Not a huge fan myself, but I'll settle until we can get some answer on hood down robes.

eGraced's Avatar


eGraced
12.27.2011 , 11:26 PM | #244
My only hope is that if we can overrun the thread a few times, someone will notice. Here's to keeping the conversation alive!
A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

JohnRoy's Avatar


JohnRoy
12.28.2011 , 12:37 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
They're in the game too.

Other than the character creator, all NPC Jedi also have unhooded robes.

They just aren't in the game as loot for the player, that's all. I swear, its so obvious they intended to have it be a toggle option and just haven't implemented it yet, because there's no way they'd make hooded the default when all NPC Jedi have them unhooded.

Btw, if the caped look doesn't bug you too much there are a few caped options that aren't hooded. I'm using one now. Not a huge fan myself, but I'll settle until we can get some answer on hood down robes.
As a Guardian, I know of only one caped look that isn't hooded that is Heavy Armor, and it is a Bronzium Prototype crafted set and it is not moddable. You outlevel it around 22 or so. If there are more, please let me know, especially if they are moddable. Always want options.

I have the hood down Medium 11 Sentinel set that am modding up and just taking the armor hit.

Was just in a Warzone with some Knights in their 40's and it made me sad how awesome the armor they had on would look on my character if only it didn't also make him hooded and bald.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Fedor's Avatar


Fedor
12.28.2011 , 12:43 AM | #246
Lack of color matching hurts Trooper a lot. (Captainnnn Rainbow)
While the lack of hood on/off hurts Jedi Knight a lot. (What's up mr.bald and all the face blocking in the cut scenes)

Vicen's Avatar


Vicen
12.28.2011 , 01:16 AM | #247
I seriously cant even remember what my hair looks like on my char...damn my hood!
Swooping...is...bad...

lorddakar's Avatar


lorddakar
12.28.2011 , 01:22 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
Lack of color matching hurts Trooper a lot. (Captainnnn Rainbow)
While the lack of hood on/off hurts Jedi Knight a lot. (What's up mr.bald and all the face blocking in the cut scenes)
Uh I know I hate that the didn't put the unify colors in at launch it is very disappointing. That was one of my favorite things about the beta was the unify color option.
:█:▀▀▀▀▀▀i‾δP████████████████████████████████████)

Grabes's Avatar


Grabes
12.28.2011 , 01:39 AM | #249
If you don't mind wearing goggles there are head peices that knock the headpeice off.

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
12.28.2011 , 02:24 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Grabes View Post
If you don't mind wearing goggles there are head peices that knock the headpeice off.
What are some decent looking goggles that'll do it? And where can you get them?