Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

wadecounty
12.24.2011 , 09:12 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonlo View Post
http://imgur.com/R55Pu

I just found that robe doing Balmorra Bonus Series 1.

The back looks cool, too.
Well, that does look nifty and all... but it still has a hood.

Strayth
12.24.2011 , 09:58 PM | #162
And it has a belt, which it has HOOD + FAT BUTT.

The deadly combo.

My Jedi looks like a Prince now. Better than the combo above. (white and golden costume with white gloves and white golden cape)

wadecounty
12.24.2011 , 10:25 PM | #163
So just to be perfectly clear....

http://db.darthhater.com/screenshots/thumbnails/342.jpg

Nobody has managed to find a robe like this yet? That model with the hood down, that every freaking Jedi on Tython taunts you with?

If so...

Strayth
12.24.2011 , 10:36 PM | #164
Exactly.

They also used a hoodless robe in the trailer. Maybe somebody should try to sue them for false adverstisement ah ah ah.

Seriously, did you see how horrible the actual robes look on close ups ? :/

We need :

- Butt fixing

- Hood toggle

- Things that don't have cape nor robes

- hi res textures

wadecounty
12.24.2011 , 10:41 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post
Exactly.

They also used a hoodless robe in the trailer. Maybe somebody should try to sue them for false adverstisement ah ah ah.

Seriously, did you see how horrible the actual robes look on close ups ? :/

We need :

- Butt fixing

- Hood toggle

- Things that don't have cape nor robes

- hi res textures
Agree with all this, but the thing that really gets me is that the robe model that I want is already IN THE GAME! Ah.. so annoying.

At least the butt fixing, the hood toggle, hi-res textures, we can argue those are stuff that need to be implemented. But just implementing that model for players to wear is as simple as adding it in as an item.

Meh.

And yeah, I'm excessively bumping this thread in vain, as I hope someone who matters will eventually see it. Remember, attention helped change "Jedi Wizard" to "Jedi Sage".

Dathron
12.24.2011 , 10:48 PM | #166
Agreed, so many things that were shown in trailers /screan shots arn't that way ingame ( I know its JK forum but) Sith Inquisitor was shown with a mask and with a hood up I look at the exact armor moddle ingame and it looks nothing like the screenshots and trailers...

this makes me /sad face
: Have more fun as a noob you do, than you will when veteran of the game you are..

waffleaviary
12.24.2011 , 10:49 PM | #167
The lack of a hood on/off feature does indeed bother me as well. I'm fine with robes but the option should be there!

Additionally, I echo some of the other posters' concerns over this whole "bait and switch" with the armor. The progression and class trailers show Heavy Armor that actually LOOKS heavy instead of a palette swap of the same robes as our Sentinel brothers are wearing. I'm level 24 and I expected at least to have a sturdy-looking breastplate to wear with my Jedi robes at least.

Take a look at: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq

There's a picture of what appears to be a Guardian with...what's that? Heavy-looking armor? So I just want an honest answer. Where is all of the gear that was advertised that made so many of us instantly sign up as Jedi Knights?

Sorotia
12.24.2011 , 10:50 PM | #168
I hope they add it, I personally don't like displaying hoods/helmets, I mean how often did you see a jedi fight with his hood up?

Strayth
12.24.2011 , 10:56 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Agree with all this, but the thing that really gets me is that the robe model that I want is already IN THE GAME! Ah.. so annoying.

At least the butt fixing, the hood toggle, hi-res textures, we can argue those are stuff that need to be implemented. But just implementing that model for players to wear is as simple as adding it in as an item.

Meh.

And yeah, I'm excessively bumping this thread in vain, as I hope someone who matters will eventually see it. Remember, attention helped change "Jedi Wizard" to "Jedi Sage".
Sad part is, everything IS already in the game.

- Hood toggle ? Check out the screens. You can see almost every piece we have actually has a "hood down" version, the hood is just a part they clip on the shoulders. The system might be hard to get in game you think. IT IS ON THE FRACKING TWILEKS. They can't wear hoods, they wear the exact same pieces we got to wear, but with no hood -__- .

- Hi res ? It's in cutscenes (though I agree, not for every piece, some are still missing), and it was in the first BETAS (there are screenshots).

- Butt fixing ? The butt is NORMAL when you watch it in character preview mode.

So it's like they just WANT to piss people off so the Jedi knight don't end up being the most popular class. They just want to discourage us. So we can reroll as a trooper you know.

There's NO other explainations.

Cauz right now, as a result, that's what the Jedi Knight class is about :

- Hardest class to play

- Many people would even say "underpowered" as we have absolutely nothing in exchange for "not being a ranged class", we take 3 times more damage while we deal the exact same damages (but often worst since it's harder for us) while not having anything that makes it "worth it"

- We have a huge butt on 90% of the pieces designed for our class.

- The hood makes us bald, thus removing any originality from any Jedi, we all look like clones now. (actually I don't, I took a crappy moddable gear to avoid that but hey, you know what I mean)

- Textures are among the worst in game so far, at least till they don't get us the hi Rez versions

So really, how can all of that NOT be on purpose, after months of people already noticing those problems :/ ...?

Quote:
There's a picture of what appears to be a Guardian with...what's that? Heavy-looking armor? So I just want an honest answer. Where is all of the gear that was advertised that made so many of us instantly sign up as Jedi Knights?
I'm a sentinel, I'm pretty sure I didn't except 3 models in total and only colour swaps, so please don't act as if only Guardians are getting screwed in the process. And you guys still have force powers like force push and saber throw, iconic moves that they REMOVED from us -_- .

Nahela
12.24.2011 , 11:01 PM | #170
And Twi'lek hood options/bugfix.