Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

Strayth
12.22.2011 , 01:08 AM | #121
I think I'm not gonna activate my code and wait for it to be fixed.

I just can't stand that and the large butt. :/

They completely ruined it for me.

Also, the Jedi robes are the most hideous textures of the game so far, in exploration mode. It's like it's stuck on "low res" -__________- .

And where is the originality ? it's the same ugly crap till the end :/ .

Also, the "hood down" does exist, not just "disappearing" like Twileks or when you wear a helmet, look at NPC on tython, they all have a clipped hood down. :/ WE WANT THAT.

Farstrider
12.22.2011 , 01:21 AM | #122
A 'hood down' toggle is needed on our heavy armour robes, moreso a contemporary cosmetic wardrobe system, or more no hood oange Jedi armour recipes...

JohnRoy
12.22.2011 , 03:07 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post

Also, the Jedi robes are the most hideous textures of the game so far, in exploration mode. It's like it's stuck on "low res" -__________- .

Also, the "hood down" does exist, not just "disappearing" like Twileks or when you wear a helmet, look at NPC on tython, they all have a clipped hood down. :/ WE WANT THAT.
I got lucky and found the only hood down chestpiece in the game after level 13 (Prototype Bronzium Gamorrean Breastplate) but as soon as I outlevel it, I am parking my Jedi and playing an alt until they fix this.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

skipalways
12.22.2011 , 03:12 PM | #124
While I personally would like a hood down toggle, I would not want it at the expense of my current armor. I got a nice grey robe, with a green tunic; as a Corellian Jedi, my toon appreciates having the color scheme right. Also, the higher level armors with the wacky shoulder pads designed by Rob Liefield look, IMO, hideous ... when does a Jedi ever have that kind of wardrobe in the series?

I'd rather stick with more movie/clone wars cartoon canon robes & armor then have other options without a hood that make no sense.

YMMV

JohnRoy
12.22.2011 , 03:20 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by skipalways View Post
While I personally would like a hood down toggle, I would not want it at the expense of my current armor. I got a nice grey robe, with a green tunic; as a Corellian Jedi, my toon appreciates having the color scheme right. Also, the higher level armors with the wacky shoulder pads designed by Rob Liefield look, IMO, hideous ... when does a Jedi ever have that kind of wardrobe in the series?

I'd rather stick with more movie/clone wars cartoon canon robes & armor then have other options without a hood that make no sense.

YMMV
Why would a hood down toggle remove your current armor. You'd just be able to see your face when you wear your Corellian Jedi. I just want non hooded options that look like the current Jedi armor in the game added in. I don't want people to lose hooded options they like, just to give those of us that want to see our face and hair instead of a bald hooded Jedi every cutscene.

patheman
12.22.2011 , 03:49 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
They all have hoods? NOOOO!!!! Synthweaving was my next place to look. I just have to hope that some non hood chest pieces drop somewhere in the game.

Why did the Devs show us three years of non-hooded Guardians in video after video and screen shot after screen shot, only to put none of that armor in the game? If hoods are so great, why did they put every single Jedi on Tython's hood down? Why can't I look like them? Why can't I look like the guy on the front of the game box?

It will happen. Day two into live and patience is already running thin with alot of peeps. I am certain it will happen soon enough or we are all just missing the level 27 I have seen on The Harbringer with a hood down. Didn't take a screenie of it as I had little concern other than to say "hey that looks cool."

But hey! I am sporting a hood and robes and can deal with that. Its still canon enough. But what is up with the pants? They are all tight. with them being so skin tight, the pants I am wearing now does compliment the robes somewhat... but their attempt to make it look like the legs are leather rapped, makes it look more like I am wearing a garder belt on a male toon. Talk about not finishing your fries.

patheman
12.22.2011 , 04:07 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Strayth View Post

You go ahead and don't activate that code. That'll show 'em! Ya know, since they already have your money for the game purchase and all. You are my kind of rebel. You have inspired me to riot. Hell no! we won't go.... oh.. thats the wrong chant. Oh well, I guess I will just deal with it until level 50 in say about two weeks.

JohnRoy
12.22.2011 , 04:43 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by patheman652392
It will happen. Day two into live and patience is already running thin with alot of peeps. I am certain it will happen soon enough or we are all just missing the level 27 I have seen on The Harbringer with a hood down. Didn''t take a screenie of it as I had little concern other than to say "hey that looks cool."

But hey! I am sporting a hood and robes and can deal with that. Its still canon enough. But what is up with the pants? They are all tight. with them being so skin tight, the pants I am wearing now does compliment the robes somewhat... but their attempt to make it look like the legs are leather rapped, makes it look more like I am wearing a garder belt on a male toon. Talk about not finishing your fries.
Level 27 robe with hood on the Harbringer, eh? I must investigate.

Merwanor
12.22.2011 , 05:30 PM | #129
I gave up searching after a good looking JK robe and I just started using a Consular robe called Jedi Initiate''s Vestments that is fully modable, and wow does this look cool compared to most of the JK robes. And easy to get to as many people can make them, and the armor hit is minimal really, at least if the other parts you use is heavy armor. The odd thing is that it looks more heavy than most of the heavy armor robes i have seen.

And it removes the big butt thing that seems to be an issue with the physics starts from bellow the belt, while on consular robes it starts above, and the belt is under the robe and not over it.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Kitty_Whoopass
12.22.2011 , 05:40 PM | #130
And here I was worried there wouldn''t be enough options with the hood up. I love the hood up and don''t think I''d even use a hood down option.

I definitely would not shelve my Guardian because of it, rofl.