Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smacks guide to Sharp Shootin'

Arehonn
04.11.2012 , 11:00 AM | #41
AREHONN HEKTOR
- WAR -

Kheranax
04.11.2012 , 03:47 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Arehonn View Post
Outstanding, you should probably share some more info about specs and gear etc
Captain Smack - Proud Leader of "Legion"
www.legionguild.eu
Smack's Guide to Sharp Shootin!

armyfoolcorey
04.11.2012 , 11:23 PM | #43
Excellent guide, but just one question. Do you really think that the boost from cover screen is worth giving up just for a 2% boost to accuracy? It is primarily for PVP; but still, the 2 extra points into sharpshooter seem a little unnecessary.

Kheranax
04.12.2012 , 03:35 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by armyfoolcorey View Post
Excellent guide, but just one question. Do you really think that the boost from cover screen is worth giving up just for a 2% boost to accuracy? It is primarily for PVP; but still, the 2 extra points into sharpshooter seem a little unnecessary.
All spec related questions are probably moot now anyway as the whole tree has been altered. But just for the sake of posterity, I felt this way yesterday:

As I spend so much time in cover I found cover screen to be mediocre at best. Increasing accuracy, even at cap, increases damage dealt.

I personally spec for PVE so more damage always takes priority for me, in a pvp build I wouldnt say any of the 3 jugglable talents at the bottom of the tree are deal breakers, you just need to go with whatever you feel you're getting best value from.

I'll sit down and revise some builds and update the thread once we've had a chance to assess how everything is performing in the cold light of day.
www.legionguild.eu

Leese
04.17.2012 , 12:26 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Arehonn View Post
And wha'ts your skill tree look like?
Leese
Dirty Ewoks
The Harbinger

Arehonn
04.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Leese View Post
And wha'ts your skill tree look like?
Currently switched back to DF, but this is what I was running when I was SS

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...9fe7f13ef3efe:

In a healer-heavy perfect world scenario warzone ( like 0-0 Voidstar where most of the fighting takes place in a centralized area ), Dirty Fighter can put up 500-700k numbers while a SS puts up around 400-600k, but SS has better instant burst damage, which is essential for knocking out prime targets before they get a chance to heal or receive a heal. This is why IMO I think SS will be a more efficient killer when rated warzones come out than Dirty Fighter, especially when the upcoming increase to Gunslinger weapon damage finally comes in. With the right rotation and target, you'll get a 7-10k burst hit which is actually three specials going off at the same time in about a second.

The earlier picture I posted was again, a perfect world scenerio. The guy had to be a fresh 50 with poor gear. I had Flourish Shot on him and there had to have been a 3 stack armor break from a JK. I had popped all my adrenals, stims, relic, and got a good roll on Aim Shot. My highest prior and after that has been in the 5k region.
AREHONN HEKTOR
- WAR -

Kheranax
04.24.2012 , 02:22 AM | #47
1.2 updated specs are in, I've been trialling a DF and a DF/Sab hybrid build a little over the past week, the Hybrid build is still a little energy hungry for my liking and only really viable for someone with an absolute ton of crit (40%) buffed approx.

The pure DF build really got some love with the 1.2 patch and now flows from one fight to the next a lot better than it used to. I've done some PvE testing (soloing dailies) and found it to be competitive with SS specs for taking things down if you have the gear to take quite a bit of damage yourself, there's less CC with Shrap Bomb involved and without involving it you're nerfing your Wounding Shot damage, but it's a decent trade off as the overall damage is a lot higher.

For PVP the DF and DF hybrids are good for pressure, there's about 20-25k of damage in my opening rotation, the problem is that it's not very quickly delivered, and any half decent player will either pop mitigation while you're doing it, or interrupt your Wounding Shots. That said, if you're looking for a build that allows you to apply and sustain considerable pressure on healers, DF might just be the way to go. Personally, I am leaning back to good old SS builds where most targets are dead before they realise what's happening to them.

Will do a bit more testing with the both over the coming weeks, would be interested to hear more about how others are finding the core builds since 1.2.

I'm hearing a lot of positives from the DF/Sab hybrid build again, my personal experience was lacklustre, but I have no real experience of the rotation and as such was able to muster about 1200 dps on the training dummy. That's wearing near full Rakata so it's not quite on par. With SS I was able to go slightly higher, but this is in a build and rotation I know very well which tells me there's mopre PvE damage potential in DF/Sab or DF builds at the moment.

Much as it pains me to say it.
www.legionguild.eu

barreness
04.28.2012 , 06:50 AM | #48
Excellent guide, thank you.

"6. If it looks like you're STILL losing, omg get more gear nub!!1 or else, you may have picked on someone who's a bit bad ***, it's NOT over yet!!
7. Prepare to use your stuns and kiting CD's to stay alive longer. "

I honestly lol'd at this hilarious moment.

lomanboy
05.01.2012 , 10:56 AM | #49
great guide thanks man
you shall fear me your fear will make me stronger

Halandriel
07.11.2012 , 01:46 AM | #50
Very good guide. Unfortunately 1.3 seems to have shaken our foundations, so I think quite a bit is up for debate again. For instance the fact that Rapid Shots no longer resets Speed Shot, and that Burst Volley does reset the timer, but only once, not allowing us to use it back to back anymore...

Quote:
3. Use your “Rapid Fire” ability which resets Speed Shot and allows you to use it twice in conjunction with DPS Relics to maximise damage, if you have consumable stims to boost power, those work too. I personally favour Power over Crit/Surge as you get the benefit on every single shot you fire. Just remember you have 20 seconds, so dont just spam speed shot back to back, use it as a part of your rotation to accelerate your aimed shots.
I am wondering if SS is still the best bet for a PvE gunslinger...