Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smacks guide to Sharp Shootin'

shadowAI
02.14.2012 , 02:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheranax View Post
For the Sorcs it's ALL about the interrupts.

You can interrupt with more than just your distraction ability. Dirty Kick (my personal favourite), pulse detonator, AS and flash grenade can all interrupt giving you the upper hand and making you extremely irritating to fight. Add to that the benefits of defense screen, dodge.
-dodge is useless against a sorc (waste of cd).

genesiser
02.14.2012 , 11:22 PM | #22
Good guide, but there's one thing I don't agree with. And that's using flourish shot. 20% reduced armor sounds good and it would make you think it adds a nice amount of dps, but in reality with the way damage reduction works in this game and armor reducing skills, it just isn't worth it.

On light armor targets, they lose ~1.5-2% damage reduction. So instead of hitting for 1,000 dmg, you'll hit for 1,015-1,020.

Medium armor targets lose ~2.5-3% damage reduction. So instead of hitting for 1,000 dmg, you'll hit for 1,025-1,030.

Heavy armor targets lose ~3.5-5% damage reduction. So instead of hitting for 1,000 dmg, you'll hit for 1,035-1050.

In other words, it isn't worth the global cooldown because the damage bonus you get is very minuscule. In raid groups where you have 5-14 other dps, then go ahead and use it. But when soloing or doing pvp, it just isn't worth your time or energy.

RudeDog
02.15.2012 , 02:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by shewebacca View Post

My skill tree is the same as you linked for PvE but for PvP i change things a little bit.
I go this route http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrbdRsRxzZbI.1

Cheers
Where are you putting the last 2 points? I assume Lay Low or Cover Screen?

shewebacca
02.16.2012 , 10:27 AM | #24
No Holds Barred is a great place to put the last 2 points, imo.
Karnow Wolfe
Veela
The Man Who Slings Guns

Kheranax
02.16.2012 , 03:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by shewebacca View Post
No Holds Barred is a great place to put the last 2 points, imo.

Agreed, points in NHB yield a pretty big reward per point unless you already have obscene amounts of crit. Aiming for 35% with your buff up as a guide, NHB makes a great contribution.
Captain Smack - Proud Leader of "Legion"
www.legionguild.eu
Smack's Guide to Sharp Shootin!

Kheranax
02.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by genesiser View Post
In other words, it isn't worth the global cooldown because the damage bonus you get is very minuscule. In raid groups where you have 5-14 other dps, then go ahead and use it. But when soloing or doing pvp, it just isn't worth your time or energy.
It's a convincing argument you make, it would be interesting to run the numbers bearing in mind FS does hit for damage as well (granted, not much).

My gut feeling tells me you are right but at the same time in the hunt for the 5k WZ medal, even as a loss I imagine most will still be using it, especially on sorcs.

For solo, or short encounters I think the original advice applies. If it'll last the 45 seconds, it's worth having up.
www.legionguild.eu

shewebacca
02.16.2012 , 03:39 PM | #27
Just to give an idea of the potential of this spec, I average 425k damage in Voidstar with a record of 715k. However, unlike Dirty Fighting or other DPS classes such as Trooper or Sage who get that through AOE, all of my damage was single target excluding whenever I would use Freighter Flyby (because it is so good).
Karnow Wolfe
Veela
The Man Who Slings Guns

Infanta
02.18.2012 , 01:30 AM | #28
Im currently 23 ss / 18 sab and finding it pretty fun.

Anyone comment on how it compares

(contingency charges/shock are nice)

Tinyhead
02.19.2012 , 09:29 AM | #29
Hard to say without the exact spec you're running and some idea of why you've built it, can you post more info?

And @Shewe I am clocking round 4-500 on average as well which is encouraging as I think our builds were quite similar.

Breaking 700 is a pretty big achievement Grats.

Kheranax
02.26.2012 , 05:08 AM | #30
I'm noticing with quite high regularity the game seems to be ignoring some of the damage I do. I've actually got video footage of a 6k + hit that does not award the 5k medal. I was told if it was a killing blow the overkill didn't count.

However I've seen numerous occasions where my 5k hits do not award the medal even on targets I do not kill with it.

I'm left wondering if this damage is recorded in our WZ totals at all. I've recently discovered the biggest hit record on the summary screen so I'll try to research it a little more but I for one am getting a little tired of being denied at least one if not more of my medals in a large number of games.

Anyone else seeing this?
www.legionguild.eu