Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underplayed classes and why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Underplayed classes and why?

Khabarach
01.23.2012 , 06:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
For Empire the most underplayed is probably Sniper or Powertech.
Operatives were originally the least played, but when people found out how powerful they were, everyone decided to roll one.
Indeed. I did a WZ last night on my Sorc Alt (level 21) and there were no less than 8 concealment Operatives and 5 mercs there. Given that I was the only healer, it was constant faceplanting and tracer missile explosions. I spent half of the time face down in the dirt, the other half in the rez area.

kuey
01.23.2012 , 07:47 AM | #22
I've seen some pretty interesting replies in here (apart from 90% being Imperial). My chars are so far all on the republic side, and from what I've seen on my server, the general trend we have going is something like;

Commando > Guardian > Shadow > Sentinel > Scoundrel/Gunslinger (similar amount of em) > Vanguard > Sage

Also someone mentioned how in pve tanks/healers are usually in demand, personally I don't see it that way on my server. Healers are always in demand, but we have way too many tanks, so much so that it gets to the point where parties have 2 tank classes in them...

JasonSavo
01.23.2012 , 08:43 AM | #23
I run a lot of pickup groups on Jekk'Jekk Tarr so I'm constantly looking at /who. Here is what I usually see

Sentinel=Commando>Sage>Guardian>Shadow>Vanguard>Gu nslinger=Scoundrel

Obic
01.23.2012 , 09:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Valyxa View Post

Snip

If you really want to play an underplayed class I'd still recommend Scoundrel. For some odd reason people dont give a damn how good the class is (and good it is) they won't play it...

Snip
Scoundrel is indeed good mechanic wise, however it doesn't feel very epic. It's hard to explain, but the animations just make the character feel weaker than it is.

Valyxa
01.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Obic View Post
Scoundrel is indeed good mechanic wise, however it doesn't feel very epic. It's hard to explain, but the animations just make the character feel weaker than it is.
Yea, I agree, the class is pure understatement, you kick, you punch, you've only got 1 blaster...

... It still kicks hard. Like Han Solo, saving the day with just one shot.

I don't play one either, but it is the perfect recommendation for an underplayed but very powerful choice.

Val

Taliknor
01.23.2012 , 01:00 PM | #26
I've only just started to see some reasonably played scoundrels for pvp on my server.

Out of the top players I've gone against, I'd have to say my most difficult battles are against a sniper, then I believe it's the Guardian afterwards. ( Probably the most skilled melee i've come across.)

Most every other class is either managing to slip away or are unkillable. (like the powertech.... there's this one fella, just give him the ball, even if he's not on your team.)

Kemmer
01.23.2012 , 01:02 PM | #27
Yeah, Scoundrel is really cool, but the combat animations and class design are a bit jumbled together. The Imperial Operative is the mirror class, but it's far more streamlined. The melee attacks are all vibroblade strikes (except for a rifle butt proc). On the other hand, the Scoundrel pistol whips, uses a shotgun, and then destroys people with his bare hands. It took me a long time to get used to that. I can totally get behind the idea of vibroblades demolishing people, monsters, and steel-reinforced droids. Bare hands... not so much. I like the idea of the gunslinger who actually uses his blasters for more than plink shots, but every time I play one, I find myself missing stealth and not feeling very "smugglery." I would probably be happiest if BW made the Scoundrel Dirty Fighting spec a true midrange class rather than the energy hog, low damage, melee range spec that it completely overshadowed by Scrapper.