Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

french?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TarikGur
01.22.2012 , 07:16 AM | #1
why does the webpage keep defaulting me to french??? I have never seen such a crappy webpage in my entire life that does such a thing. It happens all the freaking time!

Antrican
01.22.2012 , 08:37 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings TarikGur,

You have actually posted on the French customer service section. If you are looking for the English one you will find it here.

However, if the default option of your browser is wrong, we advise you to clear your cookies and cache. This would probably get you back to default settings.

You will find information here on how to proceed.

We thank you for your patience.

Antrican | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

TarikGur
01.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #3
You dont seem to understand. Its not MY fault. Its not MY cookies and cache. Its YOUR website! I have never, in all my years using the internet, had a website default to french at all and yours does it all the time! I have had probably 10 computers over the years and it has NEVER happend. I have visited thousands of websites and it has NEVER happend.

I even typed in www.swtor.com after hitting enter the page then sends me to www.swtor.com/fr (or something like that, cant remember the exact address now).

I erased the "fr" 10 times, and it kept posting me to french! Why does your website have so many problems??! It gives people NO confidence in Biowares abilities whatsoever. Dont tell me its my problem! Say "Yes we realise theres an issue and we are trying to fix it" or "Thank your for bringing this to our attention, we will look into it".

Im posting in the french site?!?! Duh!!! It keeps sending me to the french site!

Zelpp
01.22.2012 , 06:56 PM | #4
Hi,

Where are you from? Maybe the website look your isp.

Did you see at the top like Bonjour, yournickname and button like mon compte aide déconnexion ?
http://www.swtor.gardiensdulys.net
Gardiens du Lys (GDL) c'est aussi plus que SWTOR -> http://www.gardiensdulys.net

Mess with the Best... Die like the rest!!!

TarikGur
01.22.2012 , 07:43 PM | #5
USA, yes from time to time the US site will send me to the French site. Sometimes if I close the window and try again it goes back to the US version, sometimes just clicking different links on the site will send it back to US.

It has happend several times.

Nuizible
01.22.2012 , 07:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TarikGur View Post
USA, yes from time to time the US site will send me to the French site. Sometimes if I close the window and try again it goes back to the US version, sometimes just clicking different links on the site will send it back to US.

It has happend several times.
Same problems for me. Time to time the French site will send me to the US site ...
Why ? I don't know.

Sorry for my bad english
Xurrow , Inquisiteur Sith Assassins Star Map.
Kurrow , Jedi Consulaire Ombre Mecrosa Order.

Lekinf
01.22.2012 , 11:02 PM | #7
On the upper side of your screen you can change the language of the forum.
On the right you have, bonjour, mon compte... and on the left of the same line, you can change the language.

TarikGur
01.23.2012 , 07:26 AM | #8
But the point is that I shouldnt have to do that.

Cryin
01.23.2012 , 08:30 AM | #9
You know bookmarks ?
Cancel account SW:TOR : 06/02/12
Cryin sur Tera KR = > msn : amidamaru@msn.com

Cryin : Jedi Shadow Ma Video PvP
Cryïn : Jedi Sage

Saefirae
01.23.2012 , 08:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TarikGur View Post
why does the webpage keep defaulting me to french??? I have never seen such a crappy webpage in my entire life that does such a thing. It happens all the freaking time!
Hi dude,

first, I LOVE USA !

And, I think if you write swtor.com/us or swtor.com/en it will be ok.

In fact, when i write swtor.com i go to swtor.com/en...

Sorry for my bad english :S

See u =)
Sha'dew Night, Furie de l'Empereur
. . . Guerrier Sith Mauraudeur
. . . . . Diamant Noir
. . . . . . Hrakert Rift