Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grand Master Title?

ChickenPho
12.14.2011 , 05:11 PM | #1
Do Jedi's get the "Grand Master" title? I mean Sith force users get Darth and Lord. IMO it feels that "Jedi Master" title is equivalent to "Lord" or "Sith Lord" title and "Darth" title feels more equal to "Grand Master" title.

Wegabe_Awock
12.14.2011 , 06:07 PM | #2
I understand what you're saying, but the Jedi Order only has one Grand Master at a time. In the SWTOR timeline it is Satele Shan, I believe?

I think Darth is actually the equivalent to "Sith lord" and "Lord"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Master
Wegabe Awock - Star Wars Galaxies (Ahazi/Flurry)

ToEasy
12.14.2011 , 06:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wegabe_Awock View Post
I understand what you're saying, but the Jedi Order only has one Grand Master at a time. In the SWTOR timeline it is Satele Shan, I believe?

I think Darth is actually the equivalent to "Sith lord" and "Lord"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Master
winner.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

JadenKatrell
12.14.2011 , 06:12 PM | #4
There can be only one....Grand Master.

While the Sith have more than one Lord or Darth, the Grand Master would the the Jedi Equivilant to the Dark Lord of the Sith.
CE Pre-Order/Beta Tester

Snausage
12.14.2011 , 06:17 PM | #5
http://www.wikiswtor.com/Title

A growing list of all the titles in the game and how they may be obtained.

Meharial
12.14.2011 , 06:26 PM | #6
You get the title of "Lord" after you prove yourself as an apprentice, which is really the equivalent of "Knight" despite it coming at vastly different times. Darth is equivalent to "Master," at which point you aren't subordinate to anyone but the highest echelon. For Sith that would be the Emperor, for Jedi that would be Grandmaster Satele.

Phaelus
12.14.2011 , 06:29 PM | #7
There can only be one Highla..... Grand Master!

Kellan
12.15.2011 , 03:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
You get the title of "Lord" after you prove yourself as an apprentice, which is really the equivalent of "Knight" despite it coming at vastly different times. Darth is equivalent to "Master," at which point you aren't subordinate to anyone but the highest echelon. For Sith that would be the Emperor, for Jedi that would be Grandmaster Satele.

Well....you pass Sith Trials and become an apprentice. Kind of like passing the Jedi trial and becoming a Knight. Lord is more like...Knight 2.0, where they acknowledge your power, but are giving you a field evaluation to see if your leadership material. It's evident in the Sith Warrior story that "Lord" is a little more than Knight (which you get when you pass the trials).

overname
04.11.2013 , 06:24 AM | #9
actully this is highly untrue the game is set before the russan reformations and the wookie pages says there can be multiple grtandmasters each for thier respestive enclaves or sub sections of the jedi order. Grandmaster wasent formalized as one leader untill post russan 1000 bby

Chaloss
04.11.2013 , 08:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellan View Post
Well....you pass Sith Trials and become an apprentice. Kind of like passing the Jedi trial and becoming a Knight. Lord is more like...Knight 2.0, where they acknowledge your power, but are giving you a field evaluation to see if your leadership material. It's evident in the Sith Warrior story that "Lord" is a little more than Knight (which you get when you pass the trials).
I would equal apprentice to padawan.