Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Accidentily missed marying Nadia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Accidentily missed marying Nadia

ScramblesTD's Avatar


ScramblesTD
01.22.2012 , 12:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusOg View Post
But wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married to other Jedi that are strong in the force...to you know pass that crap on genetically? The sith do and so it seems like the Jedi are putting themselves at a disadvantage by not doing this.
That's pretty much what Revan believed, and it made sense.

Two force sensitive parents had a better chance of producing force sensitive children, or even one force sensitive parent greatly improved the odds. He also understood that emotions like love could drive a person to do great things if they had enough self control.


He started as a Jedi, became a Sith and then became something in between, and more powerful than both.
Sorcerers need lightning to kill you. Troopers need guns to kill you. Smugglers need shotguns and Marauders need lightsabers.

Consulars? All we need are pebbles.

Eelam's Avatar


Eelam
01.22.2012 , 12:59 PM | #12
I guess it just depends how far you consider the "lore" to extend. George Lucas and the original films are where the whole thing originated and any lore being referred to here is an off shoot of all of that. Whilst it's all fun and it's nice to keep it alive with new and factastic stories, I take anything outside of the movies with a pinch of salt for that reason.

Jedi can get married as much as they want in a book or comic written by a random, but until I see a fully blown jedi married on a cinema screen, then it didn't happen.

Jedi can't marry, be a Sith if you want to break the rules when you feel like it.
Kurnina Consular Sage The Ravager

I've got a bad feeling about this...

ScramblesTD's Avatar


ScramblesTD
01.22.2012 , 01:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eelam View Post
I guess it just depends how far you consider the "lore" to extend. George Lucas and the original films are where the whole thing originated and any lore being referred to here is an off shoot of all of that. Whilst it's all fun and it's nice to keep it alive with new and factastic stories, I take anything outside of the movies with a pinch of salt for that reason.
Yeah, no.

Look up the Holocron Community Database. It's maintained by Lucas Licensing to keep track of the lore.

If it's in there, it's canon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holoc...nuity_database
Sorcerers need lightning to kill you. Troopers need guns to kill you. Smugglers need shotguns and Marauders need lightsabers.

Consulars? All we need are pebbles.

Hunter_Este's Avatar


Hunter_Este
01.22.2012 , 01:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ScramblesTD View Post
Yeah, no.

Look up the Holocron Community Database. It's maintained by Lucas Licensing to keep track of the lore.

If it's in there, it's canon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holoc...nuity_database
Ouch, that's some major ownage. /highfive
If ever should your elders
Forget to say their prayers
Take them by the legs
And throw them down the stairs.

Eelam's Avatar


Eelam
01.22.2012 , 01:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ScramblesTD View Post
Yeah, no.

Look up the Holocron Community Database. It's maintained by Lucas Licensing to keep track of the lore.

If it's in there, it's canon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holoc...nuity_database
Oh, you're chucking the book at me are you? Well, if you want to go there - lets.

Here, catch:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EU#Of...evels_of_canon

Pay particular attention to the section linked, "Official Levels of Canon". It's a good read and shows that there are many tiers of what's considered "official". Specifically, it puts George at the top, and many of the things you're trying to pass off as official lore, much further down the tier.

The top part is what I was referring to. In case you miss it:

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the six films, some of the deleted scenes from the films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon overrules all other forms of canon when there is a contradiction.

Happy gaming
Kurnina Consular Sage The Ravager

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Eelam's Avatar


Eelam
01.22.2012 , 01:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunter_Este View Post
Ouch, that's some major ownage. /highfive
You were saying?
Kurnina Consular Sage The Ravager

I've got a bad feeling about this...

EvanSnowWolf's Avatar


EvanSnowWolf
01.22.2012 , 01:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ScramblesTD View Post
That's pretty much what Revan believed, and it made sense.

Two force sensitive parents had a better chance of producing force sensitive children, or even one force sensitive parent greatly improved the odds. He also understood that emotions like love could drive a person to do great things if they had enough self control.


He started as a Jedi, became a Sith and then became something in between, and more powerful than both.
And thus was borne the most absurdly written character in Star Wars history. Why do people think citing Revan is a positive argument for ANYTHING!?
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Liaskar's Avatar


Liaskar
01.22.2012 , 01:24 PM | #18
Also, this whole game takes place in an era of the EU, so trying to make a point of only using film lore would be rather pointless.

Sage
Scoundrel

smartalectwo's Avatar


smartalectwo
01.22.2012 , 01:30 PM | #19
A lot of Nadia's dialogue ('I don't want to let you go...' 'I don't know what I'd do without you...') just screams 'Failing The Jedi Code'. It's so strong I think it's intentional.
There is no try.

ScramblesTD's Avatar


ScramblesTD
01.22.2012 , 01:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eelam View Post
You were saying?
See,

Quote:
Also, this whole game takes place in an era of the EU, so trying to make a point of only using film lore would be rather pointless.
When your working with the EU, the EU rules take the lead.



But just to humor myself I'll ask you where in the 6 films does it say that Jedi cannot marry, ever.

Just because a particular council disallows something doesn't mean the rules are set in stone. If your old boss gave you a 45 minute lunch break, and your new boss only gives you a 20 minute break, does that mean the 45 minute break never existed at all?
Sorcerers need lightning to kill you. Troopers need guns to kill you. Smugglers need shotguns and Marauders need lightsabers.

Consulars? All we need are pebbles.