Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best republic-side storyline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best republic-side storyline?

Bamfpanda
01.22.2012 , 01:21 AM | #1
So which class on republic side has the best story? I know it comes down to preference so I'm asking which ones you guys like the most! I wanna lvl a republic toon after playing lots on empire side. I LOVED the Sith Warrior storyline.

I do have a commando I kinda like, curious about the Trooper storyline as well. Anywho! Opinions on best storylines, go!

Sylriana
01.22.2012 , 01:25 AM | #2
Trooper storyline seems good to me so far. It's a rather straightforward story, but not a bad one necessarily.

Haven't played them, but I've been told that the Smuggler story is "neat" and the Knight story is "epic feeling" and the Consular story is "boring as hell"

Elder
01.22.2012 , 02:35 AM | #3
i'm actually enjoying the consular story, but to each there own.
Who's the more trollish, the troll or the troll who comments on him.

Master_Bobo
01.22.2012 , 02:39 AM | #4
I have only played trough the Smuggler story and it was good.

Basically Act one is great act two is a little "meh" and act 3 picks it up and makes it personal again.

I'm going for the Jedi Knight story next, gotta see what that's about
Light? Dark? Hell they are all just shades of grey to me...

Schwarzgold
01.22.2012 , 02:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elder View Post
i'm actually enjoying the consular story, but to each there own.
Indeed. I'm only level 26 right now, but so far I'm surprised how good the story is. I thought the republic stories would be a bit boring, but I actually want to know how this will end.

Daross
01.22.2012 , 04:02 AM | #6
Smuggler is rather personal story... looking for wealth and taking down own enemies
Jedi Knight is kind of next KotOR.. and might call it following to stories known from books/games.
Trooper looks a little like Mass Effect.. completing team and following objectives critical to republic.
Consular .. deep into mystics of jedi and knowlage of force.. many find it boring if they preffer action over seeking knowlage and secrets.

Sir_Roderick
01.22.2012 , 06:21 AM | #7
A related question: How do the Republican chars feel when played dark side? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in playing the republic side, but I can't stand being the goody-goody wishywashy woowoo holo-tree-hugging overly friendly unwashed hippy sort of creature.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Ricto
01.22.2012 , 08:00 AM | #8
I find the consular story act 1 to be quite repetitive and "meh", but act 2 seems to notch things up and make it a lot more interesting. Can't speak for other classes.

Saseav
01.22.2012 , 08:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Roderick View Post
A related question: How do the Republican chars feel when played dark side? The reason I ask is because I'm interested in playing the republic side, but I can't stand being the goody-goody wishywashy woowoo tholo-tree-hugging overly friendly unwashed hippy sort of creature.
act 1 dark side consular makes no sense i think, ill ask my brother. i played lightside.

I'm loving the consular storyline. from 1-10 of the trooper storyline the last quest on ord was theonly redeeming factor. 1-13 as a gunslinger it's pretty lighthearted and fun(liked having a maniacal lightside darkside type character) she made no sense at all.
knight is ok, it's the regular sw story. I'll just call it revan 2.0 from what i've heard
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Bamfpanda
01.22.2012 , 08:38 AM | #10
Sith Warrior is very "epic feeling" in the way its your rise to power.
When you say Jedi Knight is "epic feeling", is that so in the same way or epic feeling like what?