Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I enter 2 product keys on same account?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can I enter 2 product keys on same account?

kemsu
12.14.2011 , 05:03 PM | #1
I preordered the CE from Best Buy, and got a non-working preorder code.

So then I ordered the standard edition from Origin to get a working preorder code.

The preorder code I am playing with is therefore from the Origin purchase.

BUT, I did not cancel my order with Best Buy, as I want the CE in-game perks.

So when I get my origin email with product key, I will be entering that first, as I wait for my Best Buy CE to arrive.

Will I be able to enter the CE key as well, thereby replacing the standard code?

I am very curious about this.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.14.2011 , 05:08 PM | #2
Normally that would be a yes but the end result would be 2 months of access. Therefore you will be paying 60 dollars for one month of access since that's all the standard will net you in the end.

kemsu
12.14.2011 , 05:17 PM | #3
I know it was a horrible waste of money, but as long as I can get the CE perks, I'll be okay.

Syrch
12.14.2011 , 05:20 PM | #4
I saw this earlier and don't know the answer so I skipped it, but I wouldn't assume that it would work. I see what you're doing, but I don't know if it would just take both copies applied to a single account or not.

Going to have to either A, get a response from a mod or someone at EA/BW, or B, try it and find out! The latter kinda sucks if it doesn't work though...

Dekallo
12.14.2011 , 05:24 PM | #5
I believe Stephen Reid said on Twitter that if you enter a SE and CE code you'll get the CE perks and the SE code will get you an extra 30 days of game time. So you're paying $60 for 30 days of extra access essentially.

CaptNovogrod
12.14.2011 , 05:26 PM | #6
Wow, you really wanted early access eh?
CE VIP
"When in doubt, shoot it again."