Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we have workbench on out ships?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we have workbench on out ships?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuNieK
01.21.2012 , 11:30 PM | #1
Why there is no workbench in there? :/

pursang
01.21.2012 , 11:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MuNieK View Post
Why there is no workbench in there? :/
Probably because you don't need one?
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

AndasKastor
01.21.2012 , 11:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pursang View Post
Probably because you don't need one?
^^^ I think you have it!

pursang
01.21.2012 , 11:36 PM | #4
Besides, BioWare wants to discourage players from spending all of their time on their ships and not at social centers. That's why we don't have things like a mailbox or a GTN on-board.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Fardreamer
01.21.2012 , 11:42 PM | #5
I think the real question is, why are there workbenches anywhere?
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

GeorgZoeller
01.21.2012 , 11:46 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
CTRL-right-clicking an item in your inventory has the same functionality as a workbench, anywhere you may be!

Trienco
01.21.2012 , 11:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardreamer View Post
I think the real question is, why are there workbenches anywhere?
There are pretty much two options:
a) No time (aka "laziness"). After changing the way modifying stuff works, they didn't feel like spending time on removing the now useless workstations and the quest that comes with it (and do all the testing to make sure nothing was missed)

b) They already consider changing their mind and reworking stuff to make them useful again. In that case it would be a waste of time to remove them and later put them back in.

Kamay
01.22.2012 , 12:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pursang View Post
Besides, BioWare wants to discourage players from spending all of their time on their ships and not at social centers. That's why we don't have things like a mailbox or a GTN on-board.
but my ship has a sweet stereo system and a big comfy sofa, I spent like 4000 credits on them
*pewpew*
Imperial Medical Operatives - spray painting you with Kolto since 5000 BBY

CommanderPaco
01.24.2012 , 04:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamay View Post
but my ship has a sweet stereo system and a big comfy sofa, I spent like 4000 credits on them
And 2V-R8 cooks and cleans for parties.

In all seriousness, perhaps workbenches will be used for legacy-related equipment? I mean that's just a guess; however, I would think there would be a lot of complaints about not being able to mod gear anywhere if we were made to use workbenches. At this point, I'd think that's a bit inefficient to keep having to find a workbench, no?
On dit quelquefois: "Le sens commun est fort rare." (People sometimes say: "Common sense is quite rare.") - Voltaire (François-Marie Arouet)
Krayt Dragon (PvE) - Death Star Orphans | Kirana (IA/Sniper) / Ra'van (SW/Marauder)
Space Combat Revamp Suggestions! | More Space Combat Suggestions by Lord_Nova

Kyromoo
01.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
CTRL-right-clicking an item in your inventory has the same functionality as a workbench, anywhere you may be!

So, if the workbenches are completely unneeded....WHY did we have one added to the supplies area of the fleet in a patch?
12/1/2011
RIP OPOD