Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you put spaces in character names

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Can you put spaces in character names

Hawksmoorreturns
12.14.2011 , 04:53 PM | #1
Like "Name Lastname"?

I would dearly love to know

-JP

Finis
12.14.2011 , 05:06 PM | #2
nope.

Sadly.
Smuggler: "Can't ask for better, kid. Complete strangers give you credits to have the time of your life."

kitsunegirl
12.14.2011 , 05:11 PM | #3
Wish we could...

Rhelex
12.14.2011 , 05:11 PM | #4
Nope, every character of yours will have the same last name on each server.

Bioware based it on Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker having the same surnames as they linked it into their Legacy system. A problem with that is that George Lucas did not name his characters: Leia Skywalker, Han Skywalker, Darth Skywalker, Yoda Skywalker and Jar Jar Skywalker.

I'd strongly prefer to be able to choose my own surname for each character, though I am glad the option to hide the shared surname is implemented.

kitsunegirl
12.14.2011 , 05:16 PM | #5
Wait... the Legacy system assigns a surname to ALL your characters? So if I have a Twilek with the last name of say... Heftyboobs (EXAMPLE!), and I make a Miralyn, her surname would be Heftyboobs too?!

Zehn
12.14.2011 , 05:34 PM | #6
no

the legacy name can go for all your toons as a last name if you want

you have 3 choices for each toon

1st choice:

Joe Skywalker (Legacy name skywalker, placed after first name)

2nd choice:
Joe
The Skywalker Legacy

(displayed underneath your name)

3rd choice:

Joe

(hide all legacy stuff and just be joe)

kitsunegirl
12.14.2011 , 05:38 PM | #7
But your legacy name is server wide instead of character specific, is what I am asking...

Serverwide every character you make would be Skywalker or whatever, but character-only, only the character you got to Legacy level (or whatever) would be Skywalker.

Skywalker being an example and not an actual in-game surname (I hope).

Zehn
12.14.2011 , 05:40 PM | #8
its server wide, all toons on the same server will be that legacy

its really for this system of getting legacy xp. legacy experience will help you unlock extra stuff, its a progression system that rewards people who are altaholics. things you do on all of your alts will give you legacy xp

EvanSnowWolf
12.14.2011 , 05:43 PM | #9
This is another example of people complaining that Bioware gave them a gold bar but no bag to carry it in...

Seriously, you can turn the display of the surname off. You still get all of the Legacy bonuses.

If it really, REALLY bothers you oh so much... you could just have distinct characters on separate servers and benefit from different Legacy surnames.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Rhelex
12.14.2011 , 06:04 PM | #10
The 'Legacy' system of earning things on a server-wide level is nice but they don't need to restrict character-specific surnames to do it. I was a little bitter in my last post, it's frustrating, but I do want my point taken constructively to get things improved.