1 Time AC Respec - How to do this

redfield

I know I'm not the only one in this boat, but I'm sick of some of the ACs I picked. For some reason they felt better during leveling and fall short in lvl 50 PvP. Maybe it's because I'm no good at what I've picked, maybe I just don't know how best to use the skills I'm given or w/e but I think we need to be offered an AC respec.

The Conditions before offering an AC Respec:

- The player must reach level 50

- The player must pay for all skills they have not trained yet

The Results of the AC respec:

- The AC respec will only be offered ONCE per character **with the option to revert the change within 24 hours of choosing to respec

(this can be implemented with a 24 hour buff/debuff that would allow the change to be reversed)**

- When the respec is offered, the player receives all abilities and all ranks of abilities free AFTER committing all 41 Skill points wherever they choose

- The player also receives the AC goody bag they got when they were level 10 but for the appropriate AC they've now chosen to allow the player at least a correct weapon to use.

**(As some have stated...)

- If you switch from something like Warrior to Marauder or Sentinel to Guardian, you must take the initiative to get the proper gear set up for yourself before you switch. It would be too much of a freebee to be just given gear and let's be honest...it isn't really that difficult to get set up for anything at this point**

Thoughts?

Edited by redfield

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go back to your tunnel troll.

i like the idea of an AC respec, HOWEVER i think there should be 2 respecs available and should be available starting at level 20.

this way the player can learn their class and role and determine tif they like it or not. should they choose to switch over and learn they actually preferred their other AC better then allow them to switch back

I'd have to disagree with having 2 respecs available. At first BW mentioned never having an AC respec, then they said it might be in but multiple attempts would be very hard and very expensive to do. This would just eliminate all the guess work.

You'd be tasked with leveling up all the way to determine which role suits you (or doesn't suit you) within that AC. If it turns out you really don't like it, have hit lvl 50 AND have paid for all training possible you'd be given the green light.

The purposefully added downside is if you don't like the new AC and want to go back, you can't. This would be the incentive for NOT using the AC respec. It would force you to either choose weather you absolutely want to change or want to give your current AC some more time.

Edited by redfield

Why would you want an AC respec?

The quest for the AC CLEARLY STATES that there is NO GOING BACK.

The most advertised feature of this game was how your choices cannot be reverted; you're stuck with your decisions indefinitely.

If you didn't like your AC, why would you level it up? Simply make another character. That's ANOTHER whole point of this game. The re-playability of this game revolves around creating multiple characters and doing things differently for a unique experience. Creating an AC respec would effectively kill a massive fraction of that replayability, and is almost completely counter-productive to the game. Instant gratification isn't what this game is about.

you either allow switching advanced classes or you don't.

The issue is what if you if you switch your advance class ( and you only get 1 as you suggest) and you dont like it? then what, now your stuck just like you are now with no ability to switch and the only option is to reroll, just like its your only option now. so basically your right back where you started.

I feel neutral towards AC respecs. If we got em cool, if not cool. The worst part about re-rolling for a different advanced class is playing through the exact same story again and doing all the exact same quests. Especially when you have something boring like Consular. That's the only reason I can think I would want one.

You should get the opportunity to freely switch ACs up until level 25 for nothing more than a modest credit cost.

This would allow you to play the ACs through some Flashpoints, PvP, and normal questing. You could try out difference specs and classes over the course of this time and determine what you enjoy the most. By level 20-ish you have most of the core abilities and some of the talent-specific abilities.

After level 25 you are out of luck.

Bear in mind that this is far more generous and forgiving than games with "set-in-stone at the character creation screen" classes.

They also need to expand the number of character slots per server to 16. That way you can have one of each class on each Faction.

Why would you want an AC respec?

The quest for the AC CLEARLY STATES that there is NO GOING BACK.

The most advertised feature of this game was how your choices cannot be reverted; you're stuck with your decisions indefinitely.

If you didn't like your AC, why would you level it up? Simply make another character. That's ANOTHER whole point of this game. The re-playability of this game revolves around creating multiple characters and doing things differently for a unique experience. Creating an AC respec would effectively kill a massive fraction of that replayability, and is almost completely counter-productive to the game. Instant gratification isn't what this game is about.

Funny, you make decisions on skill points and you're not stuck with them. You make choices with lightside/darkside but you're not stuck with it.

The OP clearly said at 50 when it doesn't play the way you like, so they should re-roll and get the whole SAME story again? So I can uniquely experience not killing the people in the story I was occasionally allowed to kill the first time I did it. Cool. There isn't any re-playability on the same class.

I have no problem with a one time AC change and the people complaining about it, how does it effect you? You're complaining about something you don't want to do so you don't believe others should do it either. If you don't want to PVP I guess they shouldn't have wasted the effort on on PVP servers or battlefields.

How about this, you seems to like getting all the stories from all the classes while I have no interest in more then on character so I should make a post on why we should only be allowed one character per account. Because what I want should be what everyone else wants, right?

how does it effect you? You're complaining about something you don't want to do so you don't believe others should do it either. If you don't want to PVP I guess they shouldn't have wasted the effort on on PVP servers or battlefields.

How about this, you seems to like getting all the stories from all the classes while I have no interest in more then on character so I should make a post on why we should only be allowed one character per account. Because what I want should be what everyone else wants, right?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, holy **** buddy, you need to calm down.

First: Please highlight the text where I was 'complaining'.

I wasn't. Sure, my post could have been worded more assertively, but that's just how I type. You are very, very clearly unable to read a post objectively.

This thread in no way affects me at all, regardless of its outcome, so why in the name of god would I even begin to have a reason to 'complain'? I don't give one-sixteenth of a damn what anyone else does, I was just projecting my opinion regarding the situation. You read WAY too far into my post.

The second part of your quote is even more baffling, because now you're taking a wild assumption that isn't even true, and blowing it out of proportion, further confusing the situation and making yourself look like an ******e.

I think you should put some thought -- at least a mild effort of thought -- into both the things you read and the things you type.

learn the class better, or reroll

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

For the person that mentioned ffxi, you can change jobs true; however, you have to level the other job up. You don't level one job to cap and then have all the exp go to another job.

Edited by Hajizan

The one and only reason I would support AC respec is because the class you play to level 10 is not REMOTELY the class you finally pick at level 10. It usually takes until at least level 20 to get a good feel of the AC you chose. 1-20 is a significant time investment for those of us with lives, jobs, and families.

Alternatively, instead of AC respec, they can just split all the classes, and have 8 instead of 4 options. Then you know exactly what you have from level 1-10, you can level for a few hours and get a good feel of play style, etc. This would be a fairly major change though, and probably won't happen for a long time, if it ever does. AC respec would be a viable short term option.

I chose sith assassin and it doesn't play at ALL how I thought it would. I was definitely thinking Darth Maul style acrobatics, and what I get is my choice between super weak watered down rogue style play or super clunky hybrid caster/melee dps. I don't give a rats *** about tank spec. I don't have the time or inclination to level another class to 50. Therefore, I'm just waiting until D3 or GW2 comes out before I quit for a while. This game is pretty fun, but honestly, its going to take them at least a year to get it smooth and playable.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, holy **** buddy, you need to calm down.

First: Please highlight the text where I was 'complaining'.

I wasn't. Sure, my post could have been worded more assertively, but that's just how I type. You are very, very clearly unable to read a post objectively.

This thread in no way affects me at all, regardless of its outcome, so why in the name of god would I even begin to have a reason to 'complain'? I don't give one-sixteenth of a damn what anyone else does, I was just projecting my opinion regarding the situation. You read WAY too far into my post.

The second part of your quote is even more baffling, because now you're taking a wild assumption that isn't even true, and blowing it out of proportion, further confusing the situation and making yourself look like an ******e.

I think you should put some thought -- at least a mild effort of thought -- into both the things you read and the things you type.

Wow, cool story kid. Did I say you where complaining or did you take a snippet of my post out of context to fit your broken argument? Reading comprehension?

I have no problem with a one time AC change and the people complaining about it, how does it effect you? You're complaining about something you don't want to do so you don't believe others should do it either. If you don't want to PVP I guess they shouldn't have wasted the effort on on PVP servers or battlefields.

If you're going to quote something don't do it mid sentence to try to make an argument, I highlighted the important part you missed. The first two paragraphs where directed at you the rest was to the thread itself.

Go troll somewhere else since you can't refute arguments and just ignore them making yourself look like an ******e.

I never understood why this isn't possible.

I'm ok with my class so this isn't a problem I have but what if? I'm not the kind of person who has several chars, I just have one. And I can't stand leveling to 50 again, not that close after I did it. Not to mention that I simply don't have the time to do so.

I mean sure, it has to be limited or else a large amount of people would do this after each patch. But why not allow it at least once? Combine it with a challenging quest series or something, don't just make people pay for it.

If you don't want to use it fine, don't. You are not hurt in any way. But I can fully understand everyone who can't or won't "just re-roll". Aren't we all here to have fun, everyone in his own way? Sometimes it looks like some people take it so serious that they are willing to ruin the fun for others too.

Funny, you make decisions on skill points and you're not stuck with them. You make choices with lightside/darkside but you're not stuck with it.

Thank you for both of these, I kinda overlooked em. The AC is the only thing it seems we're stuck with. Crew Skills? You can change them at the cost of getting them all to 400 again. PvP Gear? You're not stuck with one set if you spend the time to get another set. As you stated, you can swap dark and light at the cost of time grinding the points out...Skill points at the cost of credits.

Yet the AC remains locked. What's the problem with a ONE TIME change? It's to make you think about it and to give you the time to make it absolutely certain that you want to change it. Don't wanna do it? You don't have to! That's the glory of it all! Some people do and it'd be a great addition to the game.

And c'mon....it'd be a better addition then what happened to Ilum. :cool:

Edited by redfield

AC Respec should NEVER happen. I will despise the option for people to switch classes to whatever else is Flavor of the month.

Stop thinking of the game having 4 classes per side, and start thinking of it as 8 per side. It will make more sense to you.

No... I don't like this idea for 2 main reasons.

1) Some of the AC's are vastly different and would make a pretty big difference leveling. You could level as something super easy to PvE as like Merc or Sorc, and then respec as Powertech or assassin?? Would not be fair.

2) We would have tons of level 50s running around who don't know how to play their class, ruining WZ and flashpoints for other people. Once again some of the AC's are vastly different. This would be basically like ebaying a lvl 50. Even if you THINK you are a pro-MMOer, by the time you have leveled something to 50 you have much more skill with a class than something you just pick up.

Edited by Paralassa
content