Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

Grissaostdrauka
01.28.2012 , 07:26 AM | #41
Really if it's to hard go back to hello kitty island adventures (they have binkies) and stop complaining.

This is what WoW has done to gamers...
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered. ~Voltaire

CE 7-21-11

bubbathehut
01.28.2012 , 08:04 AM | #42
lolwut? This encounter is basically easy. Just aim turret, it fires automagically (no clicky-clicky!).

Here's the easy way to do it:
All 4 players on turrets turn around and aim "inwards" and cover your teammate that's opposite you. If you don't know what that means, run away before you get an idea and your head explodes. Basically this allows you to get extra time before any mob reaches you, since what you are shooting at is behind a teammate. And once they pass your teammate to get to you, they'll be killed by the crossfire of all four.

If you still can't manage I would suggest you listen to the poster above me telling you to go back to simpler things.

Saberolson
01.28.2012 , 11:09 AM | #43
All that matters is you kill the white ranged tagets AS SOON as they pop from the ground. Thats it, the melee will never get to you before you have a chance to kill them as long as you kill the white guys FAST!

Did it last night. Firs attempt wipped cause we didnt realize it ws auto fire.

Second attempt, wiped cause the healers couldnt grasp auto aim and tried to click targets

thrid attempt, after I beat into their heads that you HAVE to kill the white guys immediatly we squeaked through. Second wave was cake since we were used to it.

Seriously, its not that hard, i know many people may not have any shooter exp, but its not exactly "twitch" gaming. Target the white guys as they are coming out of the ground, it takes roughly 3 pulses to down them, switch to the other white guy after the 3rd pulse, dont wait for him to show death, and youve got it. I had 80% health at the end. They spawn roughly every other wave.

Its def different, and takes a little getting used to, and you cant carry a bad player, which is the real problem I suspect, but its doable once you understand the kill order. We didnt need to heal, or turn inwards. In fact, i suspect that would lead to more damage as the white cause would be farther way and harder to hit. just down the white guys quick. You should take no more than one blast from the group of two per spawn.

If i would want anything toned down, it would be the damn respan of the pather in the puzzle. Its not that hes hard, its just irritating to have to wait after every step of the puzzle for him to respawn.

malaclyps
01.28.2012 , 11:26 AM | #44
the turning inward works because of the way the game is set up.

longer distance means less movement tocover more arc. and since it's autofire, and range doesn't matter it means that each shot is covering more arc, hitting more mobs. plus you've got more time before they get to you, because they do have an ag table.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks

RoyFokker
01.28.2012 , 02:34 PM | #45
Just fix the damn cannon controls and it would be much more manageable. The default cannon mechanics are ****.

jpaludan
03.11.2013 , 12:31 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
Yup. Non-gamer SW fans will find this FP impossible. That is why I, the gamer dude, found myself surrounded by Collocoids on all sides. Guess what? SW fans get RUINED by this FP. Is this really a group that Bioware can affored to lose as fans near the endgame?
That is just a lot of BULL****!!! You so called "gamers" are the ones that are whining while the rest of us just do what we have to do!! Dont do the FP if you dont know what to do and let the rest manage.

JouerTue
03.11.2013 , 01:18 PM | #47
maybe they aim with keyboard and not with mouse..being a big fps player i think i could do that almost alone(i'm exagerating..)explain them the basics..

Larry_Dallas
03.11.2013 , 03:56 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by jpaludan View Post
That is just a lot of BULL****!!! You so called "gamers" are the ones that are whining while the rest of us just do what we have to do!! Dont do the FP if you dont know what to do and let the rest manage.
Judging by the quotation, my guess is the guy you're yelling at unsubscribed about a year ago.

sumuji
03.12.2013 , 08:01 AM | #49
Seriously? There's nothing hard about the turret phase as long as people know they should be killing the mobs in their quadrant and shooting the white ranged ones first. If they're new and not piping up for a run down then that's a player problem not a content one. You even get healed over time now so I don't understand why a group would wipe on it unless you find yourself short a person. For the longest time you had to have a healer sit in the middle and heal while you 3 gunned it. The only problem I've even seen in CWG are people that get booted over the edge during the puzzle part. I don't recall ever wiping on the turret phase unless you lose a person in the middle of it.

namesaretough
03.12.2013 , 10:08 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuji View Post
Seriously? There's nothing hard about the turret phase as long as people know they should be killing the mobs in their quadrant and shooting the white ranged ones first. If they're new and not piping up for a run down then that's a player problem not a content one. You even get healed over time now so I don't understand why a group would wipe on it unless you find yourself short a person. For the longest time you had to have a healer sit in the middle and heal while you 3 gunned it. The only problem I've even seen in CWG are people that get booted over the edge during the puzzle part. I don't recall ever wiping on the turret phase unless you lose a person in the middle of it.
Thread was necro'd from January 2012.
Smugglin