Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

Themeatmarket
01.26.2012 , 06:19 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
So basically, we have a level 40 normal instance which requires precise timing and voice chat, when most hard modes don't. Does this seem right? I am calling this a balance issue. Like I said, it needs to be toned down.
Just for the record, it does not require precise timing or voice chat...It was awkward that they didn't tell me how to fire it and/or what dismounted me...After that was settled, I honestly don't understand what people are complaining about.

Please do NOT nerf this type of encounter. I found it a fun change of pace.

Mintawno
01.26.2012 , 06:23 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by malaclyps View Post
if they're being dismounted they're either trying to left click something or use abilities, either way it is an immediate red flag that they do not understand what's happening.
Exactly.

Darth, maybe you aren't explaining the fight properly?
Proctus - Sith Sorcerer - Master Zhar Lestin - Force an Imperial Legion

Reeny
01.26.2012 , 07:53 PM | #33
So... u have to "glitch" the encounter to make it work and win it?
Or get a healer down to heal people?

It's a badly thought out design.

Wouldnt be so bad if they use the spaceship engine to run this.
Spaceship is similar and very responsive.
But these turrets are slow, unresponsive and dismount people.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mintawno View Post
Dude, I was in the same position you were. I couldn't figure it out. So what did I do? I looked around for what other people did, and guess what? Turning the turrets inwards so you kill colicoids on the opposite side you started facing, actually did the trick. Now, instead of wondering why you can't beat it at 50, change your tactic!

Links_Knight
01.26.2012 , 07:58 PM | #34
Yes lets tone down everything because a small minority cannot manage it.
“You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.”

Nightspear
01.26.2012 , 08:08 PM | #35
sorry to all those out there who has problems with it. Face the cannons towards each other and shoot the person across you targets.

I heard nightmare tales about this FP, but quite honest I find it a bit too easy on the cannons, if you know what you are doing.

Katesa
01.26.2012 , 08:23 PM | #36
Yep, junk encounter.
Ridin the TORtanic to cancel town! - No Support = No subscription!

Warlocc
01.26.2012 , 10:14 PM | #37
My guild got it on the third try, once we started spinning and covering each other.
"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them."

drakhla
01.26.2012 , 10:32 PM | #38
It is a bit too difficult in my opinion, but it is manageable. We had a much harder time on Bulwark (before they fixed his damage mind you) in directive 7.

We wiped 3 or 4 times before we managed to get it right. I think a contributing factor was the turrets were bugged at the time, for instance my character would float in mid air as if mounted on the turret but the turret itself would not turn with me. But I assume that has been fixed.

Personally I think the normal mode should be tuned down a bit, as that sort of normal mode is more geared towards the casual gamer. But like any FP its all down to learning from your mistakes (wipes) and then coming up with a educated solution. Took us a while before we figured out we needed a healer in the middle, and which mobs to target down first.

eightohfive
01.27.2012 , 01:48 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
Look, I understand the game has to be challenging sometimes, but right now I am 50 in full PVP gear and cannot get a group to clear this FP. Really? I have cleared almost all other content including Kaon Under Siege and heroics just fine, but Collocoid can't be done. Here's why:

People are not that good at moving turrets. I have tried the instance maybe 3-4 times, twice @ 50. No group I have found has been able to get past the opening turret sequence. I am standing there with Collocoids on 3 sides of me and a dead party. This needs to be adjusted.
I did this in the low 40's. It is ridiculously easy, but fun instance. To make the turret section easier, have your healer stand in the middle of the turrets, the tank and dps each get on a turret then face IN WARD towards the healer, so that they can cover each other's backs.

Make sure people actually know how the turrets works...All you do is left click a mob to shoot at it. That's it. Target the mobs with left click and the turret will automatically shoot them. Just keep clicking at the mobs as they die. Focus the big guys when needed.

No need for adjustment, just gotta know how to do it.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

malaclyps
01.27.2012 , 11:54 PM | #40
troll? a left click will dismount you, turrets autofire, if anything move with right click and don't touch anything else.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks