Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

Jumpingspider's Avatar


Jumpingspider
03.01.2012 , 11:56 AM | #191
Nono, it's the clothes. We're fashionists. :P
Passion and anger without control is inefficient chaos. Serenity and peace without emotions is barren.
Only by embracing both Dark and Light can I find balance and unlock the full power of the Force.

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
03.01.2012 , 02:19 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
So many theories, when the truth is out there for all to see...

British accents are sexier than American accents.

End of story.
It's also, as I've said before, just too fun, & too good being bad.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

zeshu's Avatar


zeshu
03.01.2012 , 02:45 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Seravie View Post
Lol Republic is full of defectors/traitors and corrupt politicians/bureaucrats who like to gain power or credits. Should try trooper.

yeah i have a commando and im finding it pretty interesting...the JEDI on the otherhand is just plain and based on "save the day and destroy all evil" while the sith are full or assassinations and political plotting, my assassin kills more sith then jedi

YolDovah's Avatar


YolDovah
03.01.2012 , 08:23 PM | #194
regardless of side i play as me well that is with my main character i always choose the choice i would pick myself doesnt matter if im on empire or republic but my main is a bounty hunter who is about the money but not about the empire or killing everything in my way an only reason my main is a bounty hunter is because i love ranged combat an i was hoping id get to kill a hutt but so far ive been let down on that one
Theirs also a heart to the Darkness

Dalandaree's Avatar


Dalandaree
04.13.2012 , 09:05 AM | #195
I always play good persons, I can't stand selfish persons in real life and in fictional environments. Playing against a dictatorship with a good hearted character just feels right -> Republic

BUT...
I think they have overdone the Jedi Code (or Lucas ... I have only read books of the EU ABY and Luke sees the things a bit differently). For compassion you need passion and transcendental monks wihtout any love and feeling are just boring. Even funny remarks are frowned upon.

So I am a bit ambivalent about my Jedi-Knight: On the positive side nothing feels as heroic as jumping to the rescue with flashing light sabres right into the heart of battle. On the negative side: if I want to be light side, the answer-choices are really boring.

Greshlyr's Avatar


Greshlyr
04.13.2012 , 09:15 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by OnlyIrish View Post
No, it's because kids think it's cool to play as the bad guys, when in reality the good guys always win.
No, in fiction the good guys always win. In reality, not so much.

AHierophant's Avatar


AHierophant
04.13.2012 , 09:17 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Anya_Halberd View Post
With how suave and strong silent type-ish he was, that was probably not the first giant lady part with teeth he fell in to.
Yeah about that? Read Tales of the Bounty Hunters. You will find how Fett rolls.
Looking to rer-roll from your graveyard to a healthy PvE-East Server?

Try Juyo!

Likewater's Avatar


Likewater
04.13.2012 , 10:23 AM | #198
Imperial characters are better dressed.

As for the stories, especially the Jedi, i don't get the whole "Go here do this be good" spiel.

the first DS points you get is bribing a jedi couple to get a yellow Lightsaber crystal.

if you play an LS robot yes its going to be boring.

My jedi shadow is LS 4, and he still has 850 darkside points he also seduced his padwan. My Jedi Sentinel is only 38 and she all ready has 600 ds points (May be more that she is romancing doc)

I have coverd up the crimes of senators simply because they are just, I have sabatoged the democratic process simply because it threatend the republic. All on coruscant, I have set Rakata mind control machines to target imperials on hoth.

Many times the "right" decisions isnt plainly LS/DS. Many times the LS decisions are flat out stupid.

And on "The bastion" it seems like 1 out of 6 characters are sporting DS corruption. And more than a few with the title "backstabber". Which to get you have to do some seriously messed up stuff.

I noticed when I started an Inquisitor and a Warrior the stupidity of the LS/DS morality meter. Apparently accepting bribes gets you LS points ...who knew. as well as not being "stupid evil" there is a diffrence between "Brutal meritocracy" and pointlessly killing off pontential soilders..

Some DS options on the republic side, especially the Jedi characters require you do some really bad things to very innocent characters. Or further brutalize people thoe are already victims of circumstance.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.13.2012 , 10:37 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
So many theories, when the truth is out there for all to see...

British accents are sexier than American accents.

End of story.
Elara Dorne. Trooper companion. REPUBLIC side. Sir, your argument is flawed.

The REAL reason is, the stories are better. And MORE women have the sexy accents.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

MistressKiki's Avatar


MistressKiki
04.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Elara Dorne. Trooper companion. REPUBLIC side. Sir, your argument is flawed.

The REAL reason is, the stories are better. And MORE women have the sexy accents.
Elara DOrne was raised in the Empire, found she couldn't stand the sheer sexiness of it so turned her coat for the boring repressed Republic. And Aric Jordan mmmmmm