Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

Saseav
02.05.2012 , 10:57 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Johle View Post
It's simple really:
  • Sith shot lightning
  • Black, red and grey color-palette of the Sith looks like a Ferrai commercial
  • Jedi blow air and throw rocks and pebbles
  • Beige color-palette of the Jedi looks like a Volvo commercial
to be honest i do not even see a close resemblance to thos commercials.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Randses
02.05.2012 , 11:53 AM | #112
Jaesa is voiced by Rachael Leigh Cook, that's why I'm a sith juggernaut. She's all that.
Procrastinating is making a signature for forums.Decemberist

SithZigg
02.05.2012 , 12:08 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Keellz View Post
Does anyone ever wonder why the imperials have an accent to begin with?
I have always attributed this to Sir Peter Cushing (Tarkin) himself, as he was a very popular actor, even before Star Wars.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

hobofett
02.05.2012 , 01:07 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganymedea View Post
The real reason is that 90% of the imperial population are former alliance kiddies who were sick of being good guys.
If that were true they would suck more at pvp.
The Ewoks will rise and under my rule will invade the galaxy!

So sayeth I Darth Grub, the universe's ONLY Ewok Sith Lord!

Aerithel
02.05.2012 , 01:25 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
So many theories, when the truth is out there for all to see...

British accents are sexier than American accents.

End of story.
Well, for me, it's not the only reason I rolled Empire toons, but it helps.

Honestly, I just roll based on what stories I find to be interesting, or if it's a boring story, because I like the class mechanics/role and will be leveling it as my alt with my boyfriend, so through spectator mode I'll get his story as well. That I happen to find the Empire-side AC quests more interesting (BH, IA) than most of the Republic-side classes (only the Smuggler story appeals to me)... I'd rather spend my $15/month leveling up characters with class stories that entertain, not bore.
The Palazzo Legacy
Aerithel, Lvl.50 Marksman Sniper Celesiel, Lvl.17 Corruption Sorcerer
Selphiel, Lvl.12 Sith Assassin
Mind Trick (PvE, EST)

Darth_Vicente
02.05.2012 , 01:32 PM | #116
I can't speak for everyone on the Imperial Side, but as for me personally, I've wanted to be a Sith for almost 20 years. I grew up thinking the Empire of the OT was so much cooler than the Rebels. And every subsequent version of the Empire was better than the Republic. Sith were always better than the Jedi (with the exception of Darth Krayt of the Legacy comics).

In Knights of the Old Republic it always bothered me how no matter how Dark Side I went, I could only opt to join the Sith at the very end, when the game was over. The Force unleashed was the biggest let down ever since Starkiller defected after three missions. etc.

So, here comes TOR, and you could actually choose to be on the Imperial Side, without so much as the OPTION to defect, much less the requirement. When I heard that, it was like music to my ears.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

AetherShanty
02.06.2012 , 04:54 AM | #117
Just wanted to add, someone may have already mentioned this but James Earl Jones actually voiced Vader, until ofc the mask came off then that was all David Prowse.

Boba Fett, I'm not sure he spoke? Can't remember, however, I'm pretty sure if he did he would have had the voice of Jeremy Bullock (Boba actor), also my dad's best friend at school, my dad was best friends with Boba Fett...this fact always makes my nerdy insides warm and fuzzy.

owlinspace
02.06.2012 , 06:45 AM | #118
I decided to go empire becuase I simply don't know anything about the sith or the empire. There 6 movies about the republic or jedi where they all hate and try to destroy the empire.

Also, roleplaying evil is faaaaaar more fun that roleplaying a good guy (most people are rather good irl, no fun doing it in a game also).

Camilladilla
02.06.2012 , 06:56 AM | #119
Simple:

Sith lore is intriguing.
I've always rolled renegade/dark side choices in Bioware games.
Force lightning.

DoomedtoDie
02.06.2012 , 08:22 AM | #120
I prefer jedi over sith because of the whole monk zen thing, you don't need to be a whiny angry little sithface who dresses up in EDGY clothes to be confident in your own abilties, espcially since the lightside is as strong or stronger anyway.

If only bioware actually made lightside interesting! It's just either 'save a starving child from a burning village for lightside' or 'save the whole village but for no logcial reason at all sacrifice the child' rubbish. Blah.
Peythos - ToFN