Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is has potential, but too many features are missing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Is has potential, but too many features are missing

Deewe
03.08.2012 , 04:38 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Force lightning for bounty hunters, more flashpoints and basically a system to unlock the limitations they put in for the races in the first place.
Yes and more reusing existing assets without thinking more than a few minutes about the consequences either, than actually improving the game.

Tinn
03.08.2012 , 05:42 PM | #532
great post!

BigDonVincenzo
03.09.2012 , 07:20 PM | #533
I'm sure the devs had read this post. How can they miss it?

This game is still young, it's bound to get better. Features will be implemented in time.

Fardarter
03.09.2012 , 07:26 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDonVincenzo View Post
I'm sure the devs had read this post. How can they miss it?

This game is still young, it's bound to get better. Features will be implemented in time.
Be careful with that. I will give you 2 examples of games that were bad at launch and are good now but never rebounded because first impressions are everything.

EQ2

Vanguard

The best thing for SWTOR is if GW2 sucks. If GW2 is good and FREE why even bother with swtor?

Akash
03.09.2012 , 09:09 PM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardarter View Post
Be careful with that. I will give you 2 examples of games that were bad at launch and are good now but never rebounded because first impressions are everything.

EQ2

Vanguard

The best thing for SWTOR is if GW2 sucks. If GW2 is good and FREE why even bother with swtor?
It's real hard to come back from bad first impressions. AoC.....ugh. I don't know if it was ever good. I hear it was eventually.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

Rokkitt
03.12.2012 , 10:19 AM | #536
Great Post!!!!

chaosdefined
03.12.2012 , 10:26 AM | #537
I worry that the Dev's haven't actually played any MMO's before this, or really thought out sustainability of the game.
Considering it launched with so many missing features which come as standard to almost every other MMO...

It also worries me how much the Dev's actually pay attention to their own game. At the Guild Summit, when asked when an ingame Ready Check feature would be added, the response from Bioware was along the lines of "There isn't one already?".

Cordarn
03.12.2012 , 11:03 AM | #538
Quote:
Dead world
Let’s start with the main problem about the game, the dead world. Best example is Coruscant. Remember the Coruscant scenes in the movies? Huge crowds of people, dense traffic, in short, a living world. Now go to Coruscant in the game, you’ll see a tiny zone linking the spaceport to the senate (nice coincidence by the way!) with barely a couple of NPC standing in place, frozen in time. That plaza is the only “living” area of Coruscant and the only place you’ll go back to (on that planet) after finishing the game, all other zones are full of enemies, completely linear and underground or in buildings and don’t represent at all what we expect of Coruscant. Zones are not connected and there is no feeling of unity. Some zones are obviously made for a video game since they would be impossible in reality by their poor design, it might not be as bad
Coruscant is exactly like the kotor 1 taris.... People must not hear the foot steps, chatting speeders running by, and the speeders in the background going to and fro.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Ebueno
03.12.2012 , 11:13 AM | #539
Agreed. 100%
Great post, unfortanely... if the developers need about 3 months to repair a bug of loot on raid bosses, imagine how long it would take to implement all your suggestions. But seeing they, would actually epic.

Quenthe
04.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #540
Agreed as well!
OP Wins the forum.
Bioware should Learn from this.