Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is has potential, but too many features are missing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Is has potential, but too many features are missing

knightblaster
01.22.2012 , 01:50 PM | #101
The game isn't Star Wars Galaxies, or the successor to Star Wars Galaxies.

It's unfortunate that you want the game to be SWG II for you, because "it's a lot in my life as the only SW MMO". But the game was never intended to be SWG II, or to be a sandbox game. Many of the elements you're talking about are sandbox type elements which would distract the developers from developing more gameplay content, and as such I am not in favor of them.

For the record, I do play a sandbox game, EVE. I do not expect, nor do I want, TOR to be a sandbox game -- that isn't BioWare's schtick, and it isn't the design concept for the game (or for their company and game design philosophy in general). And it isn't why I play BioWare games.

siza
01.22.2012 , 01:57 PM | #102
Do you want to compare this game to Mass Effect?
I've seen more life in a toilet of Omega that all over the planet Coruscant.

Deewe
01.22.2012 , 02:16 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
SWTOR is not a bad game, itís nice to see a Star Wars environment again. **snip** too many features are simply missing, sometimes they are very basic features expected in a AAA MMO .
  1. Swimming
  2. Third party addons
  3. Minigames like card games or slot gamers
  4. Dual spec
  5. Day/night cycles
  6. Non humanoid based playable races
  7. Planetary housing
  8. Housing furnishing
  9. Animal based pet classes
  10. Resources for crafting that do have quality
  11. Complex crafting system
  12. Guild leveling system
  13. Animal mounts
  14. Flying mounts
  15. PvP Arenas
  16. Collision detection between characters
  17. Macros
  18. Barber / Image Designer
  19. Appearance tabs
  20. Fishing
  21. Guild "Tabard"
  22. Multiplayer mounts
  23. Gear Dyes
  24. Shared storage bank slots
  25. In game voice chat
  26. LFG tool
  27. Guild bank
  28. Incentives for socialization
  29. Character extended body customization
  30. 3 Factions RvR
  31. Wolrd PvP
  32. RPG tools
  33. Underwater content
  34. 3d exploration
Only TOR shipped without all of the above

Dead world
[/quote]
World is indeed too static.

There are some NPC chatting with each others but you have to be very careful to notice.
NPC should be scripted, move around and you should not always see things the NPC waiting to be executed in the exact same spot and position.

Exploration
More incentives for exploration than the datacron.

Let players wander in 3D with jetpacks, force jump, grappling hooks, climbing, swimming.

I'd like to be able to jump down from these insanely high buildings/moutains and safely land with a timely jet pack ignition = GRIN. Please for future planets/zones.

Day/night cycle
Will help making the world feels alive even more with planets on different day/nigh cycles.

Certainly a must to have in all future instances and planets.

Dynamic weather
Yes, in a wet dream I imagined seasons....

Environment interaction, social activites & RP
Swimming the way GW2 is doing is /drool.

I'd like to see things like multiplayer pazaak pod/swoop racing topped with a spectator mode. We could even make players tournaments

PvP
Open world PvP on every each planet FTW!

Add raid/instance/quest to allow player(s) to bypass any planet defense and bring war/skirmishes behind the enemies lines.

Space & vehicle
Space should == enhanced version of X-Wing vs JTL.

The learning curve will be higher but in the long term players will keep playing TOR even just for it, while a too simple & dumb system won't help player retention.

Totally agree with the vehicle proposal too.

Interface & graphics
Add:
  • UI skings
  • Fonts selection
  • AA on shadows

Character
Wookies and playable droids in an Xpack please.

Appearance tabs and allow us to show/hide things like gloves, belts, boots especially the missing shoulder flaps slot, on companions too.

Guild
Guild armor decals, tatoos, tabard, cloaks, samurai like flaps

Endgame
Exporation, Socialization, player made economy, non combatant classes, minigames...

Housing
Planetary housing, free placement items housing furnishing.

Crafting
Items with quality and experimentation please. Might hinder the DB a lot but... it's fun!
Conclusion
SWTOR has potential, but at this moment it is too far behind in many aspects. SWG was bad on many points but it had awesome ideas, the housing was great and the immersion was present. LotRO has a good appearance tab, Champions Online has awesome personalization possibilities and dynamic combat system so does Age of Conan, EVE online has good ideas and incredible liberty and World of Warcraft must have something too.

Donít tell me to go back to X MMO, SWTOR is the only Star Wars MMO and that represents a lot in my life. Accept that it would gain a lot by having most of these sometimes very basic features and the game would only be better and last longer.
Just want a better SWTOR

siza
01.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #104
Quote:
Just want a better SWTOR
what else?

RazielHex
01.22.2012 , 02:46 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
  1. Swimming
  2. Third party addons
  3. Minigames like card games or slot gamers
  4. Dual spec
  5. Day/night cycles
  6. Non humanoid based playable races
  7. Planetary housing
  8. Housing furnishing
  9. Animal based pet classes
  10. Resources for crafting that do have quality
  11. Complex crafting system
  12. Guild leveling system
  13. Animal mounts
  14. Flying mounts
  15. PvP Arenas
  16. Collision detection between characters
  17. Macros
  18. Barber / Image Designer
  19. Appearance tabs
  20. Fishing
  21. Guild "Tabard"
  22. Multiplayer mounts
  23. Gear Dyes
  24. Shared storage bank slots
  25. In game voice chat
  26. LFG tool
  27. Guild bank
  28. Incentives for socialization
  29. Character extended body customization
  30. 3 Factions RvR
  31. Wolrd PvP
  32. RPG tools
  33. Underwater content
  34. 3d exploration
Only TOR shipped without all of the above
The amount of wrong you are, in the density of it would make a black hole jealous.

RazielHex
01.22.2012 , 02:48 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by qwertydood View Post
RazielHex, there are SO many things wrong with your arguments that I don't even know where to begin. Luckily, Dreossk hit on a lot of them.
He didn't point out anything wrong with my arguments at all, and neither did you.

Proto
01.22.2012 , 02:49 PM | #107
What a fantastic post OP. The first few links of Corellia with what it is and then of 'what is should be' is such a glaring example of how unfinished this game is.

Deewe
01.22.2012 , 02:50 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
The amount of wrong you are, in the density of it would make a black hole jealous.
He he, I like the way you says it.

So, would you mind bringing your little star close to me and enlight us or are you afraid of being devoured by my incommensurable gravity

LaManoNera
01.22.2012 , 02:53 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Exactly. I'd prefer a game with all of the needed components, and less aesthetics, than a game that focused too much on aesthetics and left gameplay weak.
This is exactly what TOR is: just gameplay mechanics (and plain, barebones ones at that).

MMOs are supposed to be virtual worlds you can interact with. TOR is not this. There is no reason to charge a monthly fee for this game and call it "massive" in any way shape or form.
♥ Love ♥
Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Spartanik
01.22.2012 , 03:07 PM | #110
Well i understand somr features need to be there, and some of the above mention are already on the way... but others.. please... please no. no. NOooooo.
lol

Playable hutts or wookies is a no plz dont do that. house furnishing? realy your ship isnt enough? i agree it needs to have an costumizable inside. But houses in planets... why?
There some other features that dont fit much in the game imo. mainly because the story clash on that. I understand it should have a better character creation, but you shoulnd be able to play a wookie or a hutt jedi.. because its just wrong, it will ruin the game to manny players imo, other thing is fishing?! realy in star wars? lol why? i always found that pretty much useless in other mmos. The whole bioware experience will just vanish for me at least. I think the game needs to feel a litle bit more of a sand box yes, but a ballance and a compromise should be made, to not ruin the bioware experience of storytelling. Just saying.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.