Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Sentinel/Marauder passives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question about Sentinel/Marauder passives

Lariuss
01.21.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1
Out of curiosity, as far as I know Sentinels and Marauders are the only class that don't get the 3/6/9% main stat passive as well as they don't get the 2/4/6% crit passive (they have a gimped version that only works with yellow/force damage, most of our skills do white/melee). Any idea why? Does str give more crit/damage then other main stats? Was it removed in beta (like everything else)?

UjellyTrollicus
01.21.2012 , 06:00 PM | #2
because they are a different class.

not every class needs to have a certain talent, sents have other things to make up for it.

Lariuss
01.21.2012 , 07:06 PM | #3
Yeah but they lose 9% main stat and 6% crit. Everyone else has it. It makes no sense to take it away only from one class. They are a pure dps class and melee at that and yet they don't pump out the best dps in the game. This baffles me, how can hybrid classes do more damage then a class that was designed to do only that? These two passives that are missing could close the gap a bit, that's why Im wondering why of all classes this one doesn't have them.

DenimSamurai
01.21.2012 , 08:52 PM | #4
how does the +36% offhand damage compare?

Moosestick
01.21.2012 , 09:18 PM | #5
they dont

FobManX
01.21.2012 , 10:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lariuss View Post
Yeah but they lose 9% main stat and 6% crit. Everyone else has it. It makes no sense to take it away only from one class. They are a pure dps class and melee at that and yet they don't pump out the best dps in the game. This baffles me, how can hybrid classes do more damage then a class that was designed to do only that? These two passives that are missing could close the gap a bit, that's why Im wondering why of all classes this one doesn't have them.
In all likelihood we're balanced around not having it. So if they did add talents like that, they'd probably take away/nerf something else.