Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Faction Friends

Arradew
12.14.2011 , 04:41 PM | #1
Is it not possible to have cross faction friends? obviously it would be nice to see when you friends of any faction are on so you could switch toons and play together. maybe im missing something.

Sabster
12.14.2011 , 04:46 PM | #2
You can walk up to people and /say hi - but that's about it.

Arradew
12.14.2011 , 05:07 PM | #3
That's awful, they need to change that. I would assume more than a few of us are going to be playing both sides.

TapVallian
12.14.2011 , 05:15 PM | #4
Same thing happened to my friend and I. Tried putting his toons on my list and it would only let me add same faction.

He said he couldn't even send a tell to me.

So what about grouping later on? Is everything faction specific so opposites wouldn't be doing the same flashpoints and operations?

Also what about giving credits or items to your own alts of opposite faction? Is that not possible?

jgoldsack
12.14.2011 , 06:15 PM | #5
Is this the first time you have played a dual faction game?

They are opposing factions for a reason. You are supposed to hate each other. No grouping together, no flashpoints, no questing together, no trading, mail, etc.

You want to do that with your friends? Roll on the same side.

Umbral
12.14.2011 , 06:20 PM | #6
This is a great aspect of SWTOR. There's no need to interact with the other faction in game.

I would hazard a guess that if they really are your friends, you already have a plethora of ways to know when to hop on and play with them.

MsChevious
12.14.2011 , 07:01 PM | #7
This is common for most dual faction MMOs. You are lucky that you can talk to each other directly Might want to add each other to MSN or AIM or something

Arradew
12.14.2011 , 09:16 PM | #8
yea. we do talk on msn, but just figured it would be easier in game. hate to bring up SWG, but it was possible there to talk across factions and made things a lot easier. and i get all the roll playing empire v republic crap. would of just been a nice feature to see when people you already know where online playing. oh well.

TapVallian
12.14.2011 , 10:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arradew View Post
yea. we do talk on msn, but just figured it would be easier in game. hate to bring up SWG, but it was possible there to talk across factions and made things a lot easier. and i get all the roll playing empire v republic crap. would of just been a nice feature to see when people you already know where online playing. oh well.
Yeah, the "other" star wars game which a lot of us come from was able to talk, group, trade or what have you with the other faction.

Even Eq2 can talk between people from both sides as long as its not on a PvP server.

WoW is the only game I have played that restricted "faction".

Reztastic
12.14.2011 , 10:44 PM | #10
If you allow cross faction chatting, it will cause rampant cheating.
Regardless, I have my VIP room to smack my wookies in and snort death sticks off a droids rear-access hatch.
Quote: Originally Posted by PatsyAnderson
We're going to close this thread, since it is aimed at the community and not about the game.