Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recurring Subscription Plan - Not Working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Recurring Subscription Plan - Not Working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beggie
01.21.2012 , 02:32 PM | #1
Hi There,

I am posting for the name of my friend, because currently he has no active subscription because he cancelled the payment method one week ago and today, 30 days of free time ended and client asks to subscripe. That is ok and its how it should be.

However, now he can not subscribe with credit card or paypal, none of them working and because of the unsubscription status, he was unable to post the forums and tell you the problem, that is why i am posting for him.

He has no problem with the credit card or with the paypal account he owns, he tried them different services and all them working, credit card has balance, paypal has balance everythink correct in that stage. However the payment methods on your subscription page is not working.

this is the error message when he tries with paypal:

An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.

and he gets transaction cant made to this credit card when he tries with credit card (tried three different cards, one visa two mastercard)

no transaction in bank account when he tries with credit card but there records in paypal when he tries with paypal and they seem weird. he is how the preapproved payments looks in paypal.

Merchant Start Expires Last billed amount Status
SWTOR.com Star Wars 21.01.2012 $0,00 USD Inactive

i think no one can subscripe now. Please take a look at the problem and please let us know the status of the problem.

Thanks & Regards

TomWhiting
01.21.2012 , 02:46 PM | #2
They're aware they have some pretty significant billing issues and are trying to work with them ASAP. Their first priority is, of course, going to be to paying customers.

Selvator
01.21.2012 , 03:09 PM | #3
Same problem here, also could not contact them of phone directly to fix this, got on hold for 45 minutes until my phone battery died on me.
They did however gave me 3 days of play time so I can at least continue this weekend.

I do really hope they fix this really soon, if not I am not so eager to call them yet again and just give up...

Beggie
01.22.2012 , 12:10 AM | #4
They are saying its resolved but its not, my friend still cant subscribe and he is unableto post due ended subscripesin, and i am sure he is not the only one, many people ruined in the first payment day BW take a hand on it this is realy urgent, if you not fix this in time, you will lose many many people, because your payment process is totaly messed and its not working, people cant pay lol, system is not accepting any credit card or paypal. 12 hours past since the first post and still not working, please damm not give me any phone numbers as you did on other posts, you are customer service and its your responsibility to call whereever you call to make a point about the issue.

Ratae
01.22.2012 , 12:33 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hallo Beggie,

Is your friend able to try a different credit card from the one he originally used to set up the subscription?

If not, or if this does not work, I would ask you to contact out customer services team by phone.

I know that it is frustrating to be asked to telephone the customer services number, but please understand that, for security reasons, we cannot discuss your account details – or that of your friend – on a public forum.

You can contact us on the following numbers:
1855 GO SWTOR (1855 467 9867) from the USA
or +8000 BIOWARE (00800 0246 9273) from the United Kingdom, France or Germany.

If you’re calling from a country other than the USA, UK, France or Germany, you can call us on 0044 203 564 2555, but please be advised that international call rates may apply.

Please note that our telephone support is provided in English, French and German only.

Thank you for your help and patience.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Beggie
01.22.2012 , 12:43 AM | #6
yes, as i stated on my first post, he tried three different credit cards and his first originaly subscribesine was via paypal, and he tried two different paypal accounts none of them working still giving error. I get why you ask to call by phone but as i see from the other post, people states thet are hanging you 1 hour over the phone that means from our countryi you will be billed atleast 50$ for that 1 hour why isnt there any form or live chating or why can we not communite by private message from here ? what is the point of having a customer service forum then ? just close it and put a phone number on the middle of center and write thanks for understanding. we are playing mmo's at least since 10 years and i never forced to call any customer service via phone, always handled it via an email or a form and all them resolved atleast in a half hour.

I think problem is cleary stated and i dont think just my friend is involved in that, please just let your team know that issue and in that time i will let know my friend to make call.

Ratae
01.22.2012 , 12:49 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Beggie,

As regards the telephone costs, some customers have explored alternative methods to call from countries other than those listed as toll free, you can read more about that here and here.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Daross
01.22.2012 , 01:12 AM | #8
Im atm fighting to get back my 2 months from eaten Pre-paid card.. but meanwhile wanted to sub with either Credit card or paypal... both were returning errors. (including one, that product - 30day sub - is not avaible for this payment method).

This morning (somewhere in last hour before this post) i got few messeges confirming all my changes i done yesterday, and in the end charging my paypal account.

Think something was fixed i that matter just today. Atm Im at work, so dont have access to game itself to check if it realy works but hope there will be no more issues =S

callawey
01.22.2012 , 03:08 AM | #9
Hi,

i am the person who has the issue and Beggie post this name of me, thanks for her to make a post for me.

I am now successfuly subscribed to the game, i went over phone call (i suggest people to go over by the international number over skype it just cost 2 dolar for 1 hour call) after the call they gave me three free days because of the problems i encoured on the subscribe stage however we do resolved that problem too and i want to inform people who has that issue too,

Please go to your account and make sure your contact information is same with the address you have on your paypal account if not make them exactly the same after that choose paypal for subscribetion and give the same address on the billing address to and make sure its same with the two others, after that you will be able to subscribe via paypal without a problem.

Thanks

chocoboo_knight
01.19.2013 , 08:41 PM | #10
I'm having a similar problem. I paid for the 30 day subscription plan and while the money has been taken from my card the subscription has yet to go into effect. i have called for support and they see to same on their end and tell me to just wait. I can't even cancel the account because it's still not showing as being subscribed in the first place. Any tips, help or at least a good luck?