Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to repair installation?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BarkForSoul
01.21.2012 , 11:39 AM | #1
I read something cool on IGN about replacing your loading screen - it wasn't really "hacking" or anything that obviously gives me an advantage so I said cool why not? The loading screen does get old after a while so I tried replacing it with a new image and it did not work, I set the old one back to where it was located and titled "LoadingScreen.jpg" and now that doesn't work - I read somewhere that some Devs on here said "Change at your own peril, future patches may not install properly" - so I am wondering before 1.2 comes one day...how can I repair the installation?

Any ideas? Thanx
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Playing on : Nadd's Sarcophagus (Ceylon - Sentinel) (Munroe - Scoundrel) (Min'aj - Sith Sorc)

Brellon
01.21.2012 , 11:43 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi BarkForSoul,

It is true that we advise not to alter the loading screen, as this can cause issues in the long run. You can find the repair function in the launcher. In oder to repair your installation, click the cogwheel in the lower left corner of the launcher and choose Repair.

We hope that this resolves the issue you are experiencing.
Brellon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

BarkForSoul
01.21.2012 , 11:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Y3-J2 View Post
Hi BarkForSoul,

It is true that we advise not to alter the loading screen, as this can cause issues in the long run. You can find the repair function in the launcher. In oder to repair your installation, click the cogwheel in the lower left corner of the launcher and choose Repair.

We hope that this resolves the issue you are experiencing.
Thank you for the quick reply and answer. Appreciate cha

*We don't all hate and diss the Devs lol
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Playing on : Nadd's Sarcophagus (Ceylon - Sentinel) (Munroe - Scoundrel) (Min'aj - Sith Sorc)