Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Token System Needed

KWAiRT
01.21.2012 , 11:34 AM | #1
It would be nice to have a token system in place so that people can get what they have earned out of the Flashpoints without wasting too much excess time. For example each run gives you so many tokens. Completing the daily also gives you a few bonus tokens. You then take these tokens to the Flashpoint vendor and buy what you need. This also gets rid of the loot spam while your fighting etc.

This eliminates the ninjas that take loot they shouldn't or people that quit out after a certain boss is dead after they know they don't have a chance at a certain drop. I've heard this system is in place at level 50 but that's not enough. I'm now stuck in a Flashpoint/Warzone grind and I can't get the drops I need. The commendations from Warzones cap out at 1000 and I really don't see any reason to buy anything yet. I''ve outleveled my story content and flow completely just trying to get some much needed upgrades. Why are we using a 20 year old random loot table mechanic that is more or less just a time sink by todays standards?

Iwipe
01.21.2012 , 12:53 PM | #2
There is a token system at 50 but is fairly slow way to gear up compared to drops

nametakenz
01.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #3
your story line and the other quests that you outleveled looking for upgrades..also give you upgrades. loot works fine, if we got everything we wanted in say 20 fp runs.... then we are done the game after wards,nothing left.

KWAiRT
01.21.2012 , 03:40 PM | #4
Well I'm bored of solo and the solo loot sucks. The Flashpoint loot is better than PvP of equal level plus gives XP except maybe at 50. The problem is you can't get the drops you need even if they do drop half the time. It's not just 20 runs were talking about here. The whole random loot thing is just ancient MUD code. Hell even Mythic Entertainment understood this and has been using the token system for years. Hell WoW even uses it now. Why even allow people to need if they cant wear that armor etc? Hell even the basic Need before greed mechanic is dated and should be updated to reflect class restrictions first and foremost then have people rolling for comps or disenchant etc. Hell I'm popping better loot from lockboxes and that is just sad. I mean even the Diablo 3 loot system where everyone gets a drop would be better. Least I get something for the time I put when I come out completely empty handed after grinding for drops.

It's not like we have Dungeon Finder or anything either. It can take a while to get a group going. Adding even more downtime to the whole timesink ********* equation.

darkonnis
01.22.2012 , 05:01 PM | #5
Aye the whole loot system blows. All day i've been doing FPs and our group got NOTHING, nothing dropped we could use. At all. The guild does an EV normal run (our first) and the only piece of equipment i have needed in about 3 days drops, and i don't even get to roll, it gets given straight to the other sith warrior in our raid. Not impressed. What a load of ****. This is a step up from loot dropping that no one needs, but its annoying that i didnt even have a chance to get what i needed. Yet again, a full day wasted to getting no loot.
the whole RNG code needs updating desperately. Loot should drop for the classes in the FP, with only 4 classes i have found the chances of getting a spread of people is very small, we usually have sith warriors/sorcs, MAYBE a merc and very very rarely an operative. Yet all that drops is op gear.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene