Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot See Server List: ERROR 4001

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Cannot See Server List: ERROR 4001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KylleDK
03.27.2014 , 01:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
I've also been having this issue all day. Either the launcher will say that there is an issue with the login service. The launcher will launch the game and I'll have a blank server selection screen. OR I'll get into my character selection screen, log in and then see error code 4001 and the game will just terminate.

It's entirely possible that ISPs have been screwing around. I'm currently using Optusnet from Brisbane, Australia.
I am having the exact same problem, had it over a week. (Denmark, EU)
really anoying, hopeing for a solution

galek_morex
03.27.2014 , 02:55 AM | #22
was it supposed to be downloaded with bit raider as well? just curious because i dont remember seeing that there before in the file

xconvertagent
03.27.2014 , 07:18 AM | #23
I just got this problem this evening, but i could solve it by my self. so i wanna share.
simple, right-click on swtor launcher then go to PROPERTIES, and click on COMPATIBILITY, then I used "windows 7" as compatibility mode and dont forget to tick on "run as administrator". I tried to log in again, it works

Try that, I hope this simple way can also work for you. Please us here know if this simple way also works for you.

jediharrsion
03.27.2014 , 11:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
I've also been having this issue all day. Either the launcher will say that there is an issue with the login service. The launcher will launch the game and I'll have a blank server selection screen. OR I'll get into my character selection screen, log in and then see error code 4001 and the game will just terminate.

It's entirely possible that ISPs have been screwing around. I'm currently using Optusnet from Brisbane, Australia.
That's the very same problem I'm having ( Calgary Canada )

tbonemc
03.27.2014 , 04:33 PM | #25
I have the same problem I cant see the server list either

Craigwebb
04.29.2014 , 03:36 PM | #26
ok ive done everything yall are suggested ive even deleted swtor off computer and reinstalled it and after 2 days cause the patch this morning i tried yet again and boom NO SERVERS still they need live online support and if i cant get this game up and running since i just put a 60 day prepaid from their web site i want my REFUND

Sabysabe
04.29.2014 , 03:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Greetings Proto,

If you are using a laptop, are you connected wirelessly? If so, have you tried connecting to your router using an ethernet cable, to see if the issue is replicated?

Also, please ensure that the relevant ports are open.

Edit: I can see that you have resolved your issue. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Fix the issue >.<

Mandalorj
04.29.2014 , 05:00 PM | #28
Dishonesty is worse than saying nothing at all. Crisis Communication 101. I would rather they just say, "it seems some users are having login issues and we are working to resolve/investigating the problem". Fine I'll go do something else and be patient. But these guys do this all the time and it's part of the reason the company is so distrusted by people.

I have a copy of Crisis Communication: A Casebook Approach 4th Edition and I'll be happy to mail it to whomever is in charge of company to customer communication. I'll even pay for the postage, just tell me where to send it.
#getyourhouseinorder

Lezales_Almater
04.29.2014 , 05:08 PM | #29
FIX THIS NOW! We've all spent a lot of money on cartel coins for you all to make your updates and ****, just get it right!

Sabysabe
04.29.2014 , 06:30 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandalorj View Post
Dishonesty is worse than saying nothing at all. Crisis Communication 101. I would rather they just say, "it seems some users are having login issues and we are working to resolve/investigating the problem". Fine I'll go do something else and be patient. But these guys do this all the time and it's part of the reason the company is so distrusted by people.

I have a copy of Crisis Communication: A Casebook Approach 4th Edition and I'll be happy to mail it to whomever is in charge of company to customer communication. I'll even pay for the postage, just tell me where to send it.
#getyourhouseinorder
I agree completely with you! League of Legends does something similar. They don't just try and tell all of us several different solutions as if it's our fault like the customer support here does... There are many games that don't have these issues, so why can't SWTOR? I made a threat just now about this subject.