Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

Durcbjorn
01.25.2012 , 02:51 PM | #41
Actually you CAN use a blaster RIFLE in one hand, and a shield/genorator in the other.

My agents first pet does that. Plus on republic troopers, I think at 10 commandos get assault cannon, but the tank ac (vanguard?) use rifle/shield.

I agree whole heartedly with BH's having access to blaster rifles.

Obviously mercs shouldn't be able to dual wield them, but it makes a lot more sense on powertechs (either tank or dps).

You don't graphically see the shield or power generator, so why not use a blaster rifle?

Just make it an option to use either, and have the difference be more aesthetic.

HOWEVER I think one raeson they may have done this is to set bounty hunters / troopers apart more. We're more unique from eachother this way.
Tuktz - Bounty Hunter
<Heretic> - Hyperspace Cannon
http://www.heretic.mmoguildsites.com/

ApoJake
01.25.2012 , 04:29 PM | #42
vote for BH blaster rifle.

Tersidre
01.25.2012 , 06:08 PM | #43
easy solution...

make it a legacy talent say you need legacy 15 or whatever for your BH to use a rifle lol
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

sosolidshoe
01.30.2012 , 11:32 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Tersidre View Post
easy solution...

make it a legacy talent say you need legacy 15 or whatever for your BH to use a rifle lol
See, this is a good idea. Allow characters to have access to the weapons of other classes which you have played to whatever level(say, 35 or 40), with the obvious restriction that non-force users can't get lightsabers.

So if you have a 50 BH Powertech, and a 45 Agent Operative, your PT can buy training from a new "legacy skills" trainer to use Blaster Rifles, and your Operative could go to the same vendor and buy training for a single Pistol. Restrict access to the legacy skills vendor to Legacy Level Y or above. Boom, players who feel that the aesthetic difference is something they care about have an avenue to acquire the weapon they want, but it still requires some effort.

However it's done, they really should open up which weapons are available, the restrictions as they stand are completely arbitrary, and frankly the way they use PvP'rs as an excuse(identification of class) is a little insulting to our intelligence.
I wanted WoW2 but all I got was this really immersive and relatively bug-free adventure. /RAEG

Koffo
01.30.2012 , 01:42 PM | #45
easy solution...

^
this
+ 1

Meekx
01.30.2012 , 04:18 PM | #46
So why not something like a shotgun? These are close range weapons but looks totally bad***.
Tankerbell
Tankerbelle
The Harbinger

Verysafety
01.30.2012 , 04:20 PM | #47
This is truly outrageous
That was not Verysafety.

Eroex
01.30.2012 , 04:23 PM | #48
YOU DO THE SAME DAMAGE WITH A PISTOL, THEREFOR YOU ARE BETTER THAN PEOPLE THAT USE RIFLES.

How is this hard for people?

Pistols are much harder to use than rifles. If you shoot better with a pistol than some one that uses a rifle you are more skilled than they are.

Rhinzual
01.30.2012 , 05:53 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Meekx View Post
So why not something like a shotgun? These are close range weapons but looks totally bad***.
Scatterguns do not have the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Prefixes, meaning the crafted versions will not have +Power, +Shield or +Defense + Shield, etc. I'd rather the devs allow the Vibroknives and Scatterguns get the proper prefixes first.

Mapex
01.30.2012 , 07:46 PM | #50
easy solution...

I think this is the winner. It does seem like customization is going to be an aspect of the Legacy system; we did see a Miraluka Sith Warrior in the video after all. I know it makes loot management a little bit messy, but hopefully that can be overcome in some fashion.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)