Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone's Avatar


LordExozone
12.18.2012 , 08:06 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by NurseDonut View Post
One thing I appreciate is that what weapon your enemy is wielding lets you know, immediately, what class they are. With adaptive armor, and more flexible weapon selection, if will become fairly easy to trick people. Just the stupid people, mind you, but that is probably the majority.

For instance, imagine operatives could use pistols. Then, they could pick up an adaptive set that looks like BH gear. When you survey the zerg, you might ignore them as they stand in the back healing.
There is an option in the game that shows a big class symbol above everyone's head specifically for the issue that you are describing. It is already possible for sorcerers and juggernauts to look identical even weapon-wise, so while your argument has merit it is a station long since passed.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Helgarm's Avatar


Helgarm
12.20.2012 , 05:30 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
there's no logical reason to restrict them to a single type of weapon only.
They are already restricted, the designers must have felt there was a reason to do so, logical or otherwise. However, there is no 'logical' reason to remove the restriction.

Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
It would be cheap and it would make a lot of people happy. Where's the harm in that ?
No harm at all. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

H.

maestruljedi's Avatar


maestruljedi
12.20.2012 , 10:15 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Helgarm View Post
They are already restricted, the designers must have felt there was a reason to do so, logical or otherwise. However, there is no 'logical' reason to remove the restriction.

No harm at all. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

H.
So.. making your subscribers happy (with minimal effort and while maintaining balance) isn't a logical course of action ? I beg to differ.

LordExozone's Avatar


LordExozone
12.21.2012 , 12:46 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
So.. making your subscribers happy (with minimal effort and while maintaining balance) isn't a logical course of action ? I beg to differ.
Somehow a little thing like more customizable weapon options for classes that would make you and me happy, will make some people unhappy for some obscure reason. The added weapon options must somehow greatly hamper their gameplay experience, to such an extend that they actually take the effort to post in this topic how we should never be allowed to use blaster rifles. Such is the way of forums, thankfully in everyday life people generally make more sense
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

pixieish's Avatar


pixieish
12.22.2012 , 12:31 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by NurseDonut View Post
For instance, imagine operatives could use pistols. Then, they could pick up an adaptive set that looks like BH gear. When you survey the zerg, you might ignore them as they stand in the back healing.
Oh I know, the very thing I keep an eye out for in a hectic warzone is not the big class symbol above them, or their placement since in no way is a powertech standing way back there with green drones flying around suspicious, or for that matter that big cast bar in the middle when I have that oddly placed powertech targeted, or even that even bigger flame symbol that someone attentive enough should've placed by now on this powertech with the operative symbol on their head, healing away...

...nope, all down to the weapon.

LordExozone's Avatar


LordExozone
03.04.2013 , 04:41 AM | #196
With 2.0, hopefully Bioware will consider giving classes more weapon options.

Quote: Originally Posted by pixieish View Post
Oh I know, the very thing I keep an eye out for in a hectic warzone is not the big class symbol above them, or their placement since in no way is a powertech standing way back there with green drones flying around suspicious, or for that matter that big cast bar in the middle when I have that oddly placed powertech targeted, or even that even bigger flame symbol that someone attentive enough should've placed by now on this powertech with the operative symbol on their head, healing away...

...nope, all down to the weapon.
Hehe, this made me laugh
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
03.08.2013 , 09:47 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
If you compare BH's to troopers, we are just LAME. Not underpowered, i dont care about the lore, but we look like scrubs when compared to troopers animations, styles etc.
I don't know. As a vanguard it gets kinda annoying when one of your biggest hitting attacks is hitting your enemy with the butt of your rifle (does more damage than shooting them with it...somehow...).

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
03.08.2013 , 09:50 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
I don't know. As a vanguard it gets kinda annoying when one of your biggest hitting attacks is hitting your enemy with the butt of your rifle (does more damage than shooting them with it...somehow...).
^^

On the mando you can at least explain it by the size of the gun the enemy is hit by.
waiting for ...

andyjd's Avatar


andyjd
03.14.2013 , 03:47 PM | #199
I agree 100% it makes no sense that they can't use rifles, I think they should remove the powertech class and give it to the IA class and move the sniper IA class over to the bounty hunter

Sideblaze's Avatar


Sideblaze
03.15.2013 , 02:22 PM | #200
Blah! idiots, I don't like the way blasters look, and i have some weird viewpoint that makes me think if you hold a blaster you can't just stop aiming for a bit to use your flamethrower.


In all seriousness though, The bounty hunter class needs two things to achieve TRUE Badasary.
1: A rifle
2: A not useless jetpack.


Let's face it, back before expanded universe, we didn't give a crap about Boba's trials and tribulations and blah the F*cking blah. We liked him because he was basically the only guy that looked more cool than Vader.