Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

ZeroPlus
12.05.2012 , 10:09 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Griftter View Post
As someone who really wants to play a tank type character in this game, and doesn't particularly like force users, this is the one thing that keeps me from rolling a PT.

I just can't bring myself to run around as a tank with a pea-shooter in my hand.

I already have a Vanguard, but I really wanted a BH also.
As BH PowerTech you are all about "gadgets". You're mostly firing stuff from your offhand (missiles, flameburst, railshot) and uppercutting enemies. You only use your pistol to make fun of/annoy your enemies (ok... you also use it dissipate heat and maybe proc Ion Gas Cylinder ).

Give it a try... and if you like it, you like it... if you don't, you don't... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Blaster Rifles to be usable by BH PowerTechs considering the way they work (being all about "gadgets")...
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

dijskykiller
12.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Powrtech View Post
I think at a lore standpoint, the idea of the powertech is a lot of armor and weapons focusing on that armor, such as the flame abilities and rail shot. I can see why some people want us to have Blaster Rifles, I don't care either way in fact I would like if you could use either, based on preference, and some abilities required different types of weapons. But the thing about the Powertech is with all that armor we need mobility, think about it at a sort of close quarters kinda thing, we gotta be able to whip our gun out fast, get shots in, and use our wrist augments. I do agree though that each wrist power generator/shield generator should have it's own cosmetic model, and each would look different. I wouldnt care either way though just throwing out some evidence for what Powertechs really are
Agreed, we dont really need rifles coz PTs are focused more on its wrist augments. On the other hand, i do agree that offhands need some love and have its own respective cosmetic model for each non-dual-weilding class.
Jar'la Cabur
POWERTECH
POT5 - Sef's Shield Tech PvP Tanking Guide

Sippix
12.06.2012 , 01:18 AM | #183
I'd like to use a Blaster Rifle just so I can equip my sweet Bowcasters I got during the GAR event. lol
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

_Darkstar
12.07.2012 , 07:07 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by schwartzpedro View Post
Trees should be able to use rifles.
Tree's can't use rifles. Silly person.

But then neither can Bounty Hunters. For good valid gameplay reasons! This thread annoys me, the threads identical in beta annoyed me and the idiot who bumped this 3 months after it finally died annoys me too.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Morbi_X
12.07.2012 , 02:35 PM | #185
Why blaster rifles? Scatterguns/Shotguns would make more sense, because we're in that 10m range anyway.

LordExozone
12.11.2012 , 05:15 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Tree's can't use rifles. Silly person.

But then neither can Bounty Hunters. For good valid gameplay reasons! This thread annoys me, the threads identical in beta annoyed me and the idiot who bumped this 3 months after it finally died annoys me too.
You must get annoyed easily.

Also, - Bump-
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Vyron_Deckard
12.15.2012 , 02:58 PM | #187
As mentioned earlier some merc. skills require dual wielding specifically. Same goes for commandos with A.cannons.

But Vanguards and Powertechs should be allowed to use both blasters and carbines freely. There's no logical reason not too.
Target verified. Commencing hostilities... ~ Unknown

Helgarm
12.17.2012 , 08:50 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyron_Deckard View Post
As mentioned earlier some merc. skills require dual wielding specifically. Same goes for commandos with A.cannons.

But Vanguards and Powertechs should be allowed to use both blasters and carbines freely. There's no logical reason not too.
Actually, the logic points in the other direction.

The reasons why people want blaster rifles are purely emotional.

H.

maestruljedi
12.18.2012 , 09:18 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Helgarm View Post
Actually, the logic points in the other direction.

The reasons why people want blaster rifles are purely emotional.

H.
Not exactly. There are plenty of examples in the lore where BHs use rifles. Best i can think of right now is Canderous Ordo from KotOR. Sure, he's a Mandalorian. But look how similar BHs and Mandalorians are. If i remember correctly, Canderous uses a heavy repeater. It just fits.

But this isn't the reason why they should give free reign for blasters and rifles to everyone. The reason is that from a balancing standpoint, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU WIELD. I have an Operative and i'd love to use a blaster pistol. Heck, he uses one in most of the cut-scenes in the game. A James Bond-like Operative shouldn't wield a heavy rifle, but a pistol. I think we're beyond the point where orange loot is a problem. We can get just about any item we want. They don't even need to add new stuff. If you want a rifle, pull off the barrel and the mods from your pistol and stick them into a rifle. There. You just made a lot of BHs and IAs happy. A Merc and Gunslinger would still have to dual wield. Also a Sniper and Commando would have to stick to their signature weapon. But for PTs, OPs, Vanguards and Scoundrels there's no logical reason to restrict them to a single type of weapon only.

Adding more customization to characters should be encouraged. My Vanguard would keep his rifle, but my OP would switch to a blaster in seconds. Also my PT would probably switch to a rifle, but i'm not sure. Thing is, BW should think of it as "whatever floats your boat". There's no balancing issue, it's just cosmetic. It would be cheap and it would make a lot of people happy. Where's the harm in that ?

NurseDonut
12.18.2012 , 10:08 AM | #190
One thing I appreciate is that what weapon your enemy is wielding lets you know, immediately, what class they are. With adaptive armor, and more flexible weapon selection, if will become fairly easy to trick people. Just the stupid people, mind you, but that is probably the majority.

For instance, imagine operatives could use pistols. Then, they could pick up an adaptive set that looks like BH gear. When you survey the zerg, you might ignore them as they stand in the back healing.