Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

XUlyssesX
06.23.2012 , 11:10 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Life isn't fair, there is no reason why because BH's get something cosmetic (we are not talking about a gameplay advantage here), Smugglers should get the same treatment. By your logic Jedi Guardians should have access to the Darth Vader-like masks and black armour just because Sith Warriors do.

In the movies you see smugglers using Pistols. Thus in TOR they use pistols...In the movies you see Bounty Hunters using Blaster Rifles and Pistols. Thus in TOR they should be able to equip Blaster Rifles and Pistols.
NUFF siad bumpping
Ulysses

drwranck
06.30.2012 , 11:18 AM | #152
/bump

LordExozone
07.02.2012 , 06:45 PM | #153
Well I found myself the biggest pistol in game, but it's still not the same as having a proper blaster rifle.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

HavocMaster
07.11.2012 , 08:02 PM | #154
As I have seen a great many people wanting a carbine/pistol in this thread, I direct the devs to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-6_heavy_blaster_pistol. T-6 Thunderer. Large extra-heavy blaster, often classified as a carbine. Used by criminals, and the criminal element. This is what I want. A it can be a pistol, but NONE OF THESE: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Model...blaster_pistol. I want a pistol that makes Commandos ashamed because they have such a small assault cannon, if you will not give us true rifles!
Cipher Nine out.

HavocMaster
07.11.2012 , 08:24 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
So what is the BIGGEST orange blaster pistol in game at the moment?
This one, to my knowledge: http://www.torhead.com/item/h75scG7/...or#modelviewer
Cipher Nine out.

NyanC
07.11.2012 , 08:57 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by FastEddieLB View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with this. I would like, if nothing else, an answer as to why Powertechs are given a single pistol instead of a blaster rifle. Every time I watch my powertech unload on something I just think "Man, this would look so much cooler if it were a rifle" since it's the mercenaries who use akimbo pistols.

Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.
Well, its not like you constantly hold the generator in your hand. So maybe you could strap on the generator or something and still hold a rifle.

dijskykiller
07.11.2012 , 09:58 PM | #157
I would say make blaster pistols that looks more like a rifle with long barrels and keep the same pose. PTs offhand has a lot of tricks. We have FT, RB, Inc Miss and Fuel from Immolate.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.

MishraArtificer
07.12.2012 , 10:15 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by dijskykiller View Post
I would say make blaster pistols that looks more like a rifle with long barrels and keep the same pose. PTs offhand has a lot of tricks. We have FT, RB, Inc Miss and Fuel from Immolate.
...and we drop out mainhand pistol when we use those abilities, too, have you ever noticed that? It is possible to hold a blaster rifle one-handed for a few seconds, Vanguards do it often when throwing grenades and using Neural Surge.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

drwranck
07.13.2012 , 10:01 AM | #159
btw, vanguards use rifle/shield generator combo...

and if you ever noticed, DFA animation looks like if you are wearing 2 blaster pistols...

TOJOLOBAL
07.26.2012 , 10:18 AM | #160
Playing a BH and like it, also leveling an operative simultaneously.. I must say it feels strange playing a "007 agent" character and a BH .. the weapon assignments do seem backwards.

Bounty Hunters not getting rifles because Vanguards would look 'too similar' aesthetically is valid I suppose, but so much of the fun in this game is RP.. which means choosing how you look and act. as a Bounty Hunter it feels limiting to say "all bounty hunters use pistols".

When I think of BH, besides the obvious Boba, I think Trandoshan concussion rifles and IT-88s.. I'm not even saying all BH SHOULD have rifles, only that so many of the archetypes do that it feels lacking for the class that is so fun to play

I'd almost go as far as saying I feel the same about most classes, I wish they'd open up secondary weapon types - the world might feel just a little less rigid. It could be a pretty cool unlock.
Zucchini!