Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

georgelue
04.09.2012 , 11:15 PM | #121
"I'm the greatest BH in the galaxy, I'm really strong! I use a blaster pistol to hunt down people!"

/signed I want a carbine rifle.
Noxious Jen'ari
Hardcore │ PVE │ PVP │ PST
Website FAQ Guild HQ

Hizoka
04.09.2012 , 11:18 PM | #122
i like my pistol... you use your right hand to shoot your gun and your left to use your suit powers

MagnisLupus
04.09.2012 , 11:31 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
i like my pistol... you use your right hand to shoot your gun and your left to use your suit powers
Unless the bh is a total panzy, i doubt he would have any trouble supporting the weight of a rifle or carbine in his right hand while doing something else with his left.... and i don't mean shooting the rifle with one hand while launching missles or flame thrower... you don't even do that with your pistol, whenever you use your gauntlet, your pistol drops to your side.
Skadge: "It's always somethin' with you!"

Revan-the-knight
04.09.2012 , 11:33 PM | #124
They said at the Guild Summit that they might expand the Legacy System to allow classes to use Weapons that werent possible for them to use otherwise( their example was a Warrior using a doublebladed lightsaber)
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Mapex
04.09.2012 , 11:42 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
They said at the Guild Summit that they might expand the Legacy System to allow classes to use Weapons that werent possible for them to use otherwise( their example was a Warrior using a doublebladed lightsaber)
I would love my Marauder or Guardian to be able to use a staff, hell yeah!
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

Hizoka
04.10.2012 , 12:01 AM | #126
they said that to get the QQers to shut up.

LordExozone
04.20.2012 , 11:28 AM | #127
That would be great!
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

MandoArc
04.21.2012 , 01:13 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by FastEddieLB View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with this. I would like, if nothing else, an answer as to why Powertechs are given a single pistol instead of a blaster rifle. Every time I watch my powertech unload on something I just think "Man, this would look so much cooler if it were a rifle" since it's the mercenaries who use akimbo pistols.

Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.
they can fix it if they want make a new slot for shield generator or have it so the Blaster rifle can be equip by us on the main hand weapon slot they can do it trust me THEY BIO-WARE THIS WONT BE HARD FOR THEM TO DO
Cuban Bounty Hunter

Razorchilde
04.21.2012 , 09:07 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Oscanis View Post
In my opinion a rifle would be a nice, but purely "cosmetic" change.
However, powertech is very short range / melee class, we are right before/behind the enemy most of the time (rocket jump, grapple, flame thrower, retractable blade, etc., etc.), so I think vibroswords would be a logical weapon of choice. It's one handed, works well with almost all of our other abilites, practically only the basic attack and Unload are using the blaster itself.
It would be great to have a vibrosword to emphasize the melee-like style, also basic attack/unload can be easily mirrored to for example slash and hack&slash (should work the same as the above mentioned blaster-specific abilities but with vibroswords in melee range).
What do you think folks (and devs if you read this thread)?
Great idea, love it , all the techstaffs,techswords and vibroblades out there and we can't get our hands on them... and there is no reason a blaster rifle specific tree could not be developed - do Bioware want to be innovative or stick to the tried and true from other MMOs - check the bounty hunters in EP5. All of them have... blaster rifles

Lapetos
04.21.2012 , 12:31 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Othed View Post
I saw Droid powertech using a blaster rifle and it looked bad ***.. Made me wish I could use one. But it wouldn't be fair to smugglers who wouldn't have a second weapon choose.
Yes and I am sure they think thats its not fair that we get to wear Heavy armor and don't have to take cover to use any of our abilities.