Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone's Avatar


LordExozone
01.21.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
It's probably been debated to death already, but I really feel the Bounty Hunter and especially the Powertech should be able to use a Blaster Rifle. Boba Fett used one, and he is the most iconic BH in Starwars. It really doesn't make sense that we are limited to pistols

To add insult to injury, I had a blue blaster rifle drop on Hutta today with +aim on it which I couldn't equip
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

FastEddieLB's Avatar


FastEddieLB
01.21.2012 , 11:43 PM | #2
I agree wholeheartedly with this. I would like, if nothing else, an answer as to why Powertechs are given a single pistol instead of a blaster rifle. Every time I watch my powertech unload on something I just think "Man, this would look so much cooler if it were a rifle" since it's the mercenaries who use akimbo pistols.


Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgemaniac View Post
as long as they have a hot female jedi with a british accent. Im down

ZNICK's Avatar


ZNICK
01.22.2012 , 12:27 AM | #3
The answer is because we're tanks. Tanks would look damn silly pointing a rifle at someone 2 feet in front of them. Want a rifle you should go sniper...

...AND , we already have a weapon in our other hand, it's just strapped to our wrist.

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

calvinrhine's Avatar


calvinrhine
01.22.2012 , 12:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZNICK View Post
The answer is because we're tanks. Tanks would look damn silly pointing a rifle at someone 2 feet in front of them. Want a rifle you should go sniper...

...AND , we already have a weapon in our other hand, it's just strapped to our wrist.

Z
yeah vanguards aren't tanks.

BBriggs's Avatar


BBriggs
01.22.2012 , 12:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FastEddieLB View Post
Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.
They could make a shield generator slot for PTs so that we could use both hands on a rifle

FastEddieLB's Avatar


FastEddieLB
01.22.2012 , 01:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BBriggs View Post
They could make a shield generator slot for PTs so that we could use both hands on a rifle
That's a good idea! On the flip side, just make blaster rifles one-handed if they aren't already (from a game mechanics perspective) because only certain advanced classes can use them anyway and none of them dual-wield.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgemaniac View Post
as long as they have a hot female jedi with a british accent. Im down

Othed's Avatar


Othed
01.22.2012 , 01:15 AM | #7
I saw Droid powertech using a blaster rifle and it looked bad ***.. Made me wish I could use one. But it wouldn't be fair to smugglers who wouldn't have a second weapon choose.

FastEddieLB's Avatar


FastEddieLB
01.22.2012 , 01:55 AM | #8
The Bounty Hunter counterpart is actually the trooper so it might be less fair to them, since BH gets a choice of one pistol or two, and troopers get a choice of blaster rifle or massive cannon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgemaniac View Post
as long as they have a hot female jedi with a british accent. Im down

Decembrist's Avatar


Decembrist
01.22.2012 , 02:01 AM | #9
If that happens, not only will Smugglers demand rifles and Troopers demand pistols, but Bioware will have to give both to everyone, because otherwise there will always be someone complaining about having less choices. Smuggler rifles, imperial agents with pistols, do we really want to see that?
Better not to begin that mess, things are good enough they way they are.
Wanted to play Darkness Assassin way before it was fotm

Othed's Avatar


Othed
01.22.2012 , 02:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FastEddieLB View Post
The Bounty Hunter counterpart is actually the trooper so it might be less fair to them, since BH gets a choice of one pistol or two, and troopers get a choice of blaster rifle or massive cannon.
I knew someone would post this. Troopers and BH share abilities, armor, and both use aim. Smugglers and BH share share weapon choice and both work for there fraction and not apart. Like troopers and imp. agents are both military, and the different AC use different weapons. my guess is bioware did this so the fraction mirror didn't make the non force users fell the exact same. So BH and smugglers both use pistols. So if we get rifles then smugglers need a second weapon choice. That is why we can't use blaster rifle and never will till smugglers single wield AC gets a new weapon choice. Blaster rifles just don't fit smugglers at all.