Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive boost for pvp elitism

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Massive boost for pvp elitism

Vialator
12.14.2011 , 04:24 PM | #1
I usually play on a pvp server when it comes to mmo's but this will be the first time I wont as this staggering to let people in early gives a massive unfair advantage to the elitists who got in early- the poor new ppl will get hammered non stop by these high lvls when we get in- what a LOL.
Huh?

Maxlord
12.14.2011 , 04:25 PM | #2
Read the docs. Doesn't work that way.

Fifelaw
12.14.2011 , 04:25 PM | #3
New servers. Might not be that way...
Where all my honey gone? Pooh bear be cryin'.

Buhallin
12.14.2011 , 04:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
I usually play on a pvp server when it comes to mmo's but this will be the first time I wont as this staggering to let people in early gives a massive unfair advantage to the elitists who got in early- the poor new ppl will get hammered non stop by these high lvls when we get in- what a LOL.
So out of curiosity, what would you suggest someone do who didn't preorder the game at all? Or didn't find out about it until next week, if such a thing were possible? Or played for a few weeks on a PvE server, and then decided to try PvP?

How can PvP servers possibly survive AT ALL when nobody can join them after the first day?

UnknownLancer
12.14.2011 , 04:26 PM | #5
Learn to play better, or ask for help. This is a MMO after all. People are expecting that this extra two days will make hordes of 50s just roaming the open plains.

Or if playing with people who had a head start is so hard for you, play on a server that gets released at retail Launch.

harpuax
12.14.2011 , 04:27 PM | #6
Any new char is always at the mercy of the higher level chars on a PvP server. What is the difference if it is now or 6 months from now or 10 years from now.

Kindara
12.14.2011 , 04:28 PM | #7
The starter zones aren't not accessable to the otherside...and neither is the planet after that. Your fine up until like what lvl 25? By then you should of gotten in a guild or made friends and even so you can use terrain and mobs to your advantage.

Lasica
12.14.2011 , 04:29 PM | #8
New servers tomorrow, roll on one of those and be *first*

Ravoss
12.14.2011 , 04:29 PM | #9
I wouldn't worry about it.

I know about 5 people in my guild just looking for gankers in the lowbie areas. I am sure there will be more than enough people out looking. Nobody likes Red players, especially the people I play with.
Co-GM of The Argent Legion
Sith Armies - Central Time

Telaan
12.14.2011 , 04:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
How is this any different than when a game has been out for any amount of time? CMN tbh.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3